lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
jdmik
Not Yet Wild

Default My '84 marathon resotration project (with pics)

I've been a lurker here for about 6 weeks as I've been restoring a 1984 Marathon. Lots of great info here - thanks to all for the great information!

Thought you guys would like to see my project. Found this 1984 Marathon on craigslist in April. It was rusty, dirty and beat up, but the price was right. The goal was to restore it on a very tight budget to haul people/coolers/chairs etc to the beach this summer (we can drive carts on the street here). I did all of the work myself, but don't currently have garage, so it was all done in the front yard out of the back of my truck. Paint isn't as good as some of the high end projects i've seen on here, but turned out well for a front yard rattle can job... It's not done yet but getting pretty close. Hope you guys like it. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Enough jibba-jabba. An album of 50+ progress pics is here http://imgur.com/a/55meM#0

Before:

After:
jdmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My '84 marathon resotration project (with pics)

GREAT LOOKING CART!!! you did a GREAT JOB!!

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
jdmik
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I've learned a lot from the people here already and look forward to even more.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
3WheelDumbo
Getting Wild

Yamaha

good looking marathon.
3WheelDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
dave2you2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice work on the ride! I Like the orange
dave2you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
jdmik
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO