lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
rozbaby627
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas Feed is touchy

1990 Marathon. Installed higher torque motor, controller, solenoid, and F/R switch. Reverse switch wouldn't go into reverse until we disconnected 2 wires off of the microswitch. So it is running off of 1 miroswitch.

Problem now: the gas pedal is very touchy and takes off immediately. It is worse in reverse. As soon as you touch it in reverse it spins the wheels. What do we do to adjust this?
rozbaby627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas Feed is touchy

What controller do you have?

Sounds like the Throttle potentiometer needs to be adjusted so it is closer to Zero Ohms when solenoid first clicks.

-----------
The Pot Box Marathons (Controller carts) placed a fixed resistor in parallel with the throttle potentiometer for changing it from 0-5K to 0-2.5K for half speed reverse.
The aftermarket controller may have sensed that as a bad throttle input and not run in reverse.

You can still get a half speed reverse, but it is done inside the controller and you'll have to rewire the switch to apply B+ to the half-speed pin on the controller rather than putting a fixed resistor in parallel with the throttle pot.

---------
Also, if it is a user programmable controller, the throttle up rate and throttle response curve can be changed to make the cart more docile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pot Box lever and rods.JPG (58.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
rozbaby627
Not Yet Wild

THIS IS WHAT WE INSTALLED. THEY ARE ALL FROM BUGGIES UNLIMITED.

442B ALLTRAX CC90-94 EZ88-94.5 36V 700A 0-5K THROTTLE

MTR EZO TM Buggies Unlimited Torque Motor for 1988 & Up 36V EZGO Solid State Systems

20523 SOLENOID, 36V, 200A, D&D MOTOR KIT

5799 F/R Switch for Modified EZGO 1994.5 & Up Non-DCS (THEY TOLD US TO TAKE THE CENTER OUT OF OUR OLD ONE AND PUT IT IN THIS ONE)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

First: Check the Pot Box and adjust as needed. Should be about about -0- Ohms with pedal up and less than 50 Ohms with pedal just pushed far enough to make solenoid click and at least 4,800 Ohms, but no more than 6,000 Ohms with pedal down.

Next: Connect the controller to a computer and find out what the various settings are.
You can download the Controller PRO software, as well as the needed manuals, here: http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_ControllerPro.html

Then: Buy future golf cart stuff from a BGW Site Sponsor http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php and get quality products at reasonable prices, plus good customer service and knowledgeable tech support.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
rozbaby627
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for replying. I will have our son-in-law look at the information that you gave us. He is a computer wiz and I couldn't even figure out how to reply to your private message.

I've been on this site a few times before but I didn't even realize that were Sponsors companies. I bought the battery charger at Golf Cart King.

I'm hoping we don't have to buy anything else (we have invested over $3,500.00 into this $1,200.00 cart). About a 1.5 years ago it quit running and we took it to a golf cart shop and they replaced everything but the motor. They had it over 6 months and couldn't find out what was wrong. Every time we brought it home it quit running within days. They ended up taking it somewhere else and the same thing happened...it stopped after a few days. Within an hour the new shop figured out it was the charger. We replaced the batteries and the charger at that time but my husband was never happy with the speed so now this big venture. Now it takes off too fast....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO