lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
TXEZGO
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 EZGO TXT FNR switch

Ok....I had an ignition switch question earlier, but I think I have it figured out. Seems the ignition wires are cut underneath. Im guessing to bypass switch. I will have to see where they are spliced together and separate them again tomorrow. While looking at the FNR switch, I had two wires that were not connected, an orange one and a black one. Seems the black one goes to back up switch, but the orange one is not connected and seems to go to the controller. If anyone knows if this wire needs to be connected and to where, please let me know. The cart is equipped with lights (which do not work). I will have to trace back lights to see if they are not working because key switch is bypassed, or if maybe this orange wire is part of the light system. Thanks in advance.
TXEZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 EZGO TXT FNR switch

Looks like the orange wire is supposed to attach to micro switch 4 (ms4) on the back side of the F/R switch.
Fltmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
TXEZGO
Not Yet Wild

I checked and my cart only seems to have the two micro switches on the front. The F/R switch is a heavy duty one because of previous owner upgraded the motor and the controller. Is it possible I only have two micro switches?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic and an accessory wiring diagram for your cart.

Two microswitchs on the FNR switch assembly is the right number for a TXT.

The orange wire from MS-4 goes two places.
1. Reverse Beeper
2. Half speed reverse (Pin-3) on controller

The black wire supplies B- to the other side of the reverse beeper. (Picks B- up on one of Solenoid's small terminals)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Accessory Wiring.JPG (80.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Just read your other thread and notice you have an Alltrax controller.

The pin-out is different.

Download Doc100-043-B from the EZGO section on the Altrax site for the correct schematic for your cart.
http://www.alltraxinc.com/Doc_Depot.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
TXEZGO
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the schematics...It is making a little more sense to me now. My orange wire does plug into the Alltrax controller, so, I think it does belong on MS4 as the schematic shows. I have a green (probably spliced by previous owner from blue) that is on MS2. I think these wires might be switched around...they seem to be on the wrong switches. I think I will have to see if I can get a picture of my set up. Plus, I need to see where the ignition switch wires that are cut go to. I need to see what exactly is going on at the pedal box too. This is all great information though. I will try to get to this in the morning before it gets too hot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO