lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
markg0528
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 RXV Mystery box

Hey Guys,

I searched the manual and the search function on this site and I haven't found an answer. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Last night I was installing a DC converter in my 2010 RXV Fleet. When I took the splash shield off to get to the solenoid I found a little white box with a switch on it. It looks like the power wire has been cut and its not functioning. Any idea what it is and if I can remove it?

I can't post a picture yet but, I can email it to someone if you are willing to post it for me.

Mark
markg0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 2010 RXV Mystery box

probably a remote kill switch

Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
crash test dummy

not a kill switch ... maybe a voltage reducer ??

no markings ? where do the wires go ?
Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
markg0528
Not Yet Wild

No markings on the box. The yellow wire was cut, I am assuming it went to the positive side of the battery pack as there was a terminal on it that was also cut. The Green went to the solenoid. and I haven't traced the other yet.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
crash test dummy

and the clear box is an on/off switch ??

was it accessible with the splash guard on ?

can you open it ?

got no clue yet
Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
markg0528
Not Yet Wild

I assumed it was an additional safety switch installed by the golf course to prevent theft. I don't "think" you can access it with the splash guard installed but, I didn't know it was there until I took it off, so maybe. I'll look into it tonight and trace the wire back.

The golf cart acts up occasionally. It doesn't want to move forward or back if you turn it on after its turned off . Sometimes its fine other times you have to turn it on and off and wait for the click a few times to get it to go.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Quote:
Green went to the solenoid
im leaning to a kill switch .. cutting power to the solenoid .. red would hook to where solenoid is suppose to be hooked.. yellow power throws me ... it may have a magnetic trigger that when carts run over buried wire it cuts cart off .. this is a wild guess ... but i have read of them ...
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #8
markg0528
Not Yet Wild

It's a kill switch. You can reach your hand underneath the shield and flip the switch. It's still active. I think I might leave it, when the kids get a little older it could come in handy.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
crash test dummy

Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just curious why you are wanting to access the solenoid? Be careful if tapping into the RXV switch source I have read of 3 people frying their controllers trying to do so. I mounted mine on a separate switch to insure I did not damage my cart.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO