lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
TGJR
Gone Wild

Default Stock series TXT motor whines very loud.

Finished the latest build of a 2003 Series TXT cart. Upgraded to 48v with an Alltrax AXE4855 controller. When I picked the cart up to begin the build, it wasn't functional. So I'm not sure if the motor was this loud before or if it was the result of giving it 48v. I have the output on the 500-amp Alltrax controller turned down to 80%. The cart runs strong but it is a hunting cart so I would like to quiet the motor down if possible. I have done other 48v conversions on stock Series motors, some with PQ Bandit upgrades, and none have ever been this loud.

Is this motor on it's last leg?
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stock series TXT motor whines very loud.

Don't know for sure, but upgrading from 36 to 48 won't make the motor loud or louder.....I am thinking it was loud when you got it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
rib33024

it's the bearing in the motor or the input shaft bearing in the rear end, if you have another motor you can try it to see which bearing it is,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Don't know for sure, but upgrading from 36 to 48 won't make the motor loud or louder.....I am thinking it was loud when you got it.
That could be right. I know when I received the Bandit upgrade from PQ that it was slightly louder. It might have just been the core I received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
it's the bearing in the motor or the input shaft bearing in the rear end, if you have another motor you can try it to see which bearing it is,
Would the input shaft bearing in the rear end still whine if I removed the motor and towed the cart down the street a bit? Even at very low speeds, the whining is noticeable. So I should be able to tell fairly quickly.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
patgrim00
Gone Wild

I have the same issue with my pds whines horribly and I've already replaces fluid and axle shaft bearings
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

tgjr - just remove the input shaft gear. remove your elec motor, remove c-clips that hold it in, and pull input gear out. very simple to see if its bad.

pat - the noise can be bearing inside motor or the input shaft bearing. both are fairly easy to replace.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
patgrim00
Gone Wild

So just pull off the motor and replace the beating inside
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

If you kept the same gears you had in your 36v rearend when you switched over you are going to keep whining. Try changing gear ratio.
willis2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis2269 View Post
If you kept the same gears you had in your 36v rearend when you switched over you are going to keep whining. Try changing gear ratio.
????
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
tgjr - just remove the input shaft gear. remove your elec motor, remove c-clips that hold it in, and pull input gear out. very simple to see if its bad.

pat - the noise can be bearing inside motor or the input shaft bearing. both are fairly easy to replace.
Thank you. Do you happen to have part numbers for the bearings? I believe I need 1 bearing for the motor and 2 for the input shaft? Will I need to replace anything else besides the bearings and the cover(s)?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO