lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Please verify my wiring skills

battery pack should be disconnected at negative #6 battery
confirm this is your pack wiring

this is how i would wire your cart

Last edited by crash test dummy; 07-24-2013 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: better diagram
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
RitchCraft
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I got it working.

Thank you Crash Test. After checking everything you pointed out, and finding the correct result, I could only assume that the turn signal switch I purchased had to be bad. So a few hours ago I ran to a dealer in a nearby town that sold after market kits for a bit more cost than the one I purchased. The tech there guaranteed that his model would work with my cart and was nice enough to give me a drawing he uses when installing them.

The turn signal kit I purchased looked VERY familiar and sure enough, when I got home it was the exact same model! The only difference being that instead of the wires individually pigtailed, there was a large plug connected to it. I cut the plug off, installed pigtails to them, plugged it into the existing wiring I already had there and it worked fine.

So THANK YOU to everyone that helped to verify the wiring and help me troubleshoot this problem. It eventually led me to the faulty unit I purchased. Now the fun part, to see if I can get the company to take it back and issue a refund.
RitchCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
crash test dummy

Old 07-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #14
Neo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchCraft View Post
I purchased this turn signal kit:

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-128...universal.aspx

The first picture below is the schematic I used for my cart's wiring. The second picture is a schematic I received with the turn signal kit. The third picture is a wiring diagram I drew from conclusions I made from the two schematics.

Could someone with much more experience than I kindly double check my work before I go hooking this thing up and possibly frying something?

The red wire coming from the turn signal switch states it should go to the brake lights. I see the brown wire connected to the wiring harness does in fact go to the brake light switch, but I'm unsure if this is going to be needed or not?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may have to offer. For some reason it took me a very long time to envision this wiring and I just want to be extra careful.
Ok, I know, I know... this is an OLD post, but instead of re-documenting what has already been hashed out I felt this would be better for everyone. So, with that said. In the OP on diagram 3 is how I just wired my 2016 TXT with the same turn signal kit and everything works now but my brake lights. On the red wire that the OP asked "is this needed" I left it unconnected to start, then when no brake lights worked, I connected it as it shown, and still no brake lights. I verified all lights were working prior to starting this project so I know the brake lights worked prior to the re-wire. In the original wiring they were using a jumper on the stock connector for the brake lights... I was getting 12V on the brown wire which was in turn jumpered to white and yellow on the other side of that connector, I assume feeding them the 12V to power the brake lights... Any help would be MUCH appreciated... thanks!
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #15
crash test dummy

i think you are asking if the brown wire supply's the 12v power to the brake lights, no it is for the running / turn signals
you need an independent 12v supply for the brakes to work and a common ground that is with the tail lights
Old 07-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #16
Neo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I was actually under the impression that the brown wire did supply the 12v for the brake lights. At least when I put a voltmeter on it and had someone press the brake pedal with the ignition switch in the off position, 12v was present at the brown wire. When the pedal was released it went to zero.
I guess what I was asking is what I should tie the brown wire to. Since I'm 99% sure it is the 12v supply wire for the brake lights, or at least from what I was able to deduce using the vm. And I was also a little confused as to why that brown wire was previously tied/jumpered to the white and yellow wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (123.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 05:19 AM   #17
Neo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are the steps for wiring the brake light per the instructions:

Brake light switch Connections:
• Identify the positive 12 volts power leads running to your rear brake lights on your cart. Cut or disconnect this brake light
wire from your existing wire harness. See diagram on page 3.
NOTE: If you are using a Nivel Deluxe Light Kit on your car, these connections have been provided for you near
the light switch. Just remove the BLUE or ORANGE jumper leads and connect your turn signal adapter leads.
• Connect the turn signal adapter brown wire, directly to the right rear brake light lead wire on your car.
• Connect the turn signal adapter orange wire, directly to the left rear brake light lead wire on your car.
• Locate the two wires which go to the brake light switch on your brake pedal. One will already have 12 volts positive power
going to it at all times. The other will only have power when the brake pedal is depressed. This “switched” lead wire must
now connect to the red wire at the turn signal switch adapter. (This was the brown wire as I described, and I connected it to the red wire as it states, but still no brake lights.)
See diagram on page 3.
NOTE: If you are using a Nivel Deluxe Light Kit on your car, these connections have been provided for you near
the light switch. Just remove the BLUE or ORANGE jumper leads and connect your turn signal adapter leads.
Sorry the diagram is upside down... I saved it right side up... will have to use your PDF viewer to rotate it. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Turn_Signal_Kit_Diagram3.pdf (70.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #18
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Sorry the diagram is upside down... I saved it right side up... will have to use your PDF viewer to rotate it. Thanks!
Post from an iphone or pad maybe? :-)
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #19
Neo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Post from an iphone or pad maybe? :-)
No, Windows 10 PC.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #20
Neo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, went out this am to wire up a stereo and checked voltages at the ignition switch as I've wired the turn signals inadvertently to work even with the switch off and lo and behold... The brake lights work. No changes in wiring at all. However yesterday I noticed I never really hear the switch click like I usually do when the pedal is depressed so I checked it with my hand and heard it click. So I looked at the lights while hearing the click and they worked perfectly. However, now I have an issue where the turn signals flash rapidly. They worked fine yesterday but now they flash very quickly. No bulbs are out, so not sure what the deal is. Going to wire the turn signals to be off when the key is off although checking the switch I never could determine which of the 4 terminals go hot once the key is turned. One terminal is hot all the time, top term labeled L with blue/white wire. But when I turn the switch to on, no other terminal is hot, which I would have assumed would be, this is checking from ground to term. Turn it to lights and the other term with blue/white wire is hot, none of the orhers. Anyone have a diagram of the ignition switch for a 2016 TXT gas model? I have a service manual for the 2007 and up but I didn't see it there. Below is a pic of the ignition switch. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO