lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: how to load test battery if no load tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDAY View Post
Sounds like a good way to burn something up. You should never stall the motor with power to it
CORRECT !!!

My batteries are load tested as a whole every time I use my cart... A Digital Volt Meter installed in the dash; it's no more complicated than that! If you want to test batteries one by one you hook your multi-meter up to the battery with alligator clips and take your cart out to a steep hill and add a passenger or two if available. Under heavy load measure your battery voltage hopefully it is north of 7 volts unless you got some really BIG hill or loads. I've seen mine drop below toward 6 volts but we gots some big azz hills here and it's very short term...

Also testing batteries with the cart on jackstands will reveal absolutely NOTHING beneficial as there will be no load to draw them down...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #12
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: how to load test battery if no load tester

This is what I do. I always leave with a full charge when I go to the grocery store. On the way back home there is one big hill. On the way up I make a mental note of the battery voltage. It is always 46.3 plus/minus 1/10 volt. That's my baseline. Last week the voltage dropped to 43v. Right then I knew something was going wrong. It turned out that some of the terminals on the batteries were lose. Probably caused by the cold weather. Torqued them and everything was back to normal. It wouldn't be quite so simply if it was a bad battery that was causing it.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car