lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Goldenjc97
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Fuse Block Diagram?

Hello all! I recently purchased a 2009 EZGO PDS and just now beginning to dive into adding some goodies. I have been searching this site for about a week now and I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I have purchased a separate 12v battery to connect my accessories too, but I need help with what fuse block to buy and how to install it. Is there a diagram of some sort to how to install it? I went to Advance Auto Parts and saw they had a Bussmann Fuse Panel for ATC Fuses, but didn't know how it connected the battery itself? I plan to place the fuse box in one of the glove departments, I just need help with the wiring. I'd like to start with a stereo and speakers. I am new to the golf cart world, but I'm ready to start learning and making my golf cart sweet! Any help would be awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1185261_4773940601495_871350681_n.jpg (100.0 KB, 0 views)
Goldenjc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuse Block Diagram?

Goldenjc97, I too bought a bussmann fuse block as well. not sure which you got, but you need to remember, a golf cart doesn't use a grounded system, meaning you have to ground to the battery source, not the frame.

Now you said you picked up a 12v battery to run the aux. stuff. here is the fuse block I have. the post next to the fuses is where you connect the Positive (+) from the battery. and the + connections coming from the aux input. the other post is where you connect the Negative (-) and where you connect the negative side of your aux input.

oh and btw......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Goldenjc97
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. What gauge wire do you recommend coming from the battery to the fuse box? If I want to add switches, would I put the switch between the battery and fuse box or between the accessory and the fuse box. Like a switch for the stereo.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenjc97 View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. What gauge wire do you recommend coming from the battery to the fuse box? If I want to add switches, would I put the switch between the battery and fuse box or between the accessory and the fuse box. Like a switch for the stereo.
well I tend to go a little bigger, as its better to be larger then you need than to small. the wire gauge from the battery (both + and -) to the fuse block I used 12 ga. I know currently you only plan to put your stereo in.....but as you add things, you will end up drawing more off the batteries, so a littler bigger is better.

as far as the switches, if you put one switch between the battery and fuse block, you would only need one but it will turn off everything all at once. if you want to be able to turn off each accessory independently, you would put a switch on each between the accessory and the fuse block.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
crash test dummy

Quote:
why switch radio ? i use 12G for battery to fuse block and 16 g for the hook ups
Old 08-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
why switch radio ? i use 12G for battery to fuse block and 16 g for the hook ups
remember most radios nowdays have a hot lead for the memory and another for the power
I just set up my western with an overhead panel for the park radio, stereo, digital volt meter and fuse panel, I went over kill and ran 10 gauge for + & - and a 30 amp breaker at the step down converter,
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #8
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
remember most radios nowdays have a hot lead for the memory and another for the power
yep .. i put it in the diagram .. of course i just got a Pyle radio for my cart with AM/FM, SDcard slot, and USB port.. non digital .. it has the old style knobs and no memory wire LOL
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #9
Goldenjc97
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Man, that diagram is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
crash test dummy

Quote:
Man, that diagram is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO