lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Desulfator ?

I'm going to mount the switch close to the BLS module.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I guess I could power a relay from my key switch, to kill it when I'm driving. Since it's on the charger more than the road, I wouldn't be wasting that much "rejuvenation".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I've got to get another one myself. I switched to 48v so now I don't need the 36v BLS. I've had it for 1-1 1/2 yrs. and I love it. That's why I need a 48v one. Like you said yurtle, batteries aren't cheap.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'll probably forgo the key kill switch idea. I rarely leave my buggy parked unless I'm at the lake, then I need the keyswitch on for lights and/or radio.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I guess I could power a relay from my key switch, to kill it when I'm driving. Since it's on the charger more than the road, I wouldn't be wasting that much "rejuvenation".
That just reminded me, does it have a max voltage?
My pack voltage can get pretty high when the regen braking is slowing me from higher speeds.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Oops, I got that backward. Key switch on means desulfator is off, so it would work.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Would the device work best while charging or while I'm driving, or does it matter?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Would the device work best while charging or while I'm driving, or does it matter?
I don't think it matters.

The reason I want to shut it off at times, is to get accurate At-Rest voltage measurements for critical SoC estimates.
I'm not sure if the voltage readings while it is running will be valid for SoC.

The way I understand it, it puts a square wave whose amplitude is roughly equal the the battery voltage, on top of the battery voltage, so the voltage I'd read on my DVM would be battery voltage plus the RMS voltage of the square wave.

Come to think of it, running the BLS leads through the NC contacts of a 12V relay and feeding the relay coil with the output of my keyswitch controlled 12V DC-DC converter might be a good idea.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't have regen, so as long as it can handle charger output, I may be complicating this with a relay. My DC-DC converter only turns on the third key position, and it's usually not on unless I'm running my stereo or lights. I was thinking about a 48 volt relay, but I don't think the first position of my key switch will work on a series buggy. I haven't looked at my AXE schematic, but I think Without pressing the throttle, I won't have power at the switch, and don't want to backfeed it with a relay, if that makes sense.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #20
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I bought a BLS-36 with switch back in Jan of 2012 with the idea in mind that maybe I could prolong the life of 6 4 yr old poorly maintained Trojan T-105's. I also liked the idea of the square wave covering all the frequencies. After much BLS pulsing and charging I managed to get my pack SOC voltage back to 38.1 or 38.2 but it was too late to save em and I basically ended up with 6 perfect 30 or 40 AH Trojan T-105's. The plates must have been grossly eroded. Anyway, I am now hoping that their other claim that battery life will/can be extended by using the BLS as I am still using it. I have been turning the BLS on mainly during charging as my cart gets very little daily use and I don't like the constant drain on the battery pack. Probably wouldn't matter though as I usually charge every other day, unless it gets used. Glad johnnieb will be giving this item a look-see as there is very little actual data out there on the BLS. So far I can't tell if it's good or bad. RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO