lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Caste setting Jakes long travel help

I am getting ready to replace wheels and tires. I noticed the inside of the 22x10x10 tires are noticeably warn inside. The spindle heim on both sides on bottom is 6 to 7threads out. The top heims are all the way down. Measuring with a frame square the top is out about 5/8" both sides.

If I change the bottom heim in to straighten wheel/tire up strait do I have to adjust the inside heims on the arms. I have checked pics of other carts and my other heims seem to be right. Also does this change camber, that's easy to check and I will. What about the steering box shafts, sorry if that's wrong name.

Help or a procedure to go through sure would help.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Caste setting Jakes long travel help

When you are using the framing square is it with weight on the wheels or on jacks? Caster needs to be measured with weight on wheels. If you just jacked the cart and set it straight down that isn't good enough. You need to also roll the tires at least 1 revolution so the caster is centered.

If you have to make an adjustment you should also roll the cart another tire revolution so your change can be centered. You may have to repeat this process until you have 0 caster (90° to ground) with your frame square.

Attached is a picture of my heims on upper and lower of a jakes long travel for reference. I kept them threaded in as much as possible for strength and to minimize wheel width as much as possible. The dang thing is wide enough already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image45.jpg (151.2 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree about it being wide enough. Thanks for responding and the pic. I am going to adjust that bottom heim in this morning as yours are. I actually I used the pics you put up from your thread selling the 72 v. for reference and build thread. All the other heims seem fine. Set like yours. I also looked at Jakes install guide the pictures are same for all other heims. I have to replace all the heims shortly, living at the beach they are all rusted.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I checked with wheels down and weight on, and will rotate wheel as suggested.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Caste setting Jakes long travel help

To tell you the truth I didn't have to make any caster adjustments on the red 72v cart with the lift at the 6" setting (middle hole). I was just telling you how if needed.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well after an afternoon of fun ,wheels on and off half dozen timedgot the caster both sides I/4" in. My new wheels and tires are great, but on the way to some evening cool ones, no lights brake turn nothing. All fuses good even main fuse for DC converter, new converter next week, sure dampened long weekend carting. Thanks for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO