lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
frankpierce
Not Yet Wild

Default '03 DS with intermittent starting issues

I have a 2003 Club Car DS gas powered that I picked up a few months ago. Been lifted and has a good bit of extras but nothing done with the engine that I'm aware of. So my issue is that a few weeks ago I went out and tried to start it but it seemed like when I mashed the gas pedal down it was only idling. I realized that this wasn't "idling" but actually the cart spinning the starter trying to crank the engine. Well, I gave up and early the next morning she cranked no problem and ran like a champ. For the next couple weeks it was like playing the lottery on whether or not the thing was going to crank and run. Now it's completely kaput and won't crank. Mash the gas and she just spins the starter. I've read several different threads on possible solutions but I wanted to ask here and give the description of my specific set of issues so that hopefully the experts here could give me some help tailored to my problem. Thanks a ton guys.
frankpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
frankpierce
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '03 DS with intermittent starting issues

Still anxiously awaiting a reply... :(
frankpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
CoffeysinKG
Not Yet Wild

Mine is an 03 and does the exact same thing. I posted as well. If I get any answers on mine I'll let you know.
CoffeysinKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

try to start then pull spark plug .if its wet you are getting gas. while plug is out hook plug wire to plug and ground it. crank engine to see if you have spark.
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

almost 3 month old post
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car