lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default VR question

Club car DS key start conversion (previously a pedal start) back story as quickly as I can..Could not get S/G to charge battery, could make S/G produce upwards 25 or 30 volts by removing yellow wire and grounding its terminal. Then I figured out due to key start solenoid stayed open after initial start. So even if the proper voltage through the S/G large white wire on solenoid theres was no way to get the power to the battery connected side of solenoid. After installing a new CC regulator I had the same results, so I took the red wire of the V/R to the battery side of the solenoid and boom suddenly I have 25/30 volts under acceleration from S/G still cant figure how to get the power across the open solenoid to the battery and where the V/R can see it and regulate the power to where it should be. if I run a jumper wire from the solenoid lug with the white wire to the single small terminal which has the wire for my key start thus the solenoid would remain "closed" even after I let go of the key allowing the V/R to regulate power back through the closed solenoid to the battery? Does this make sense to anyone??
ericandrews331@msn.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
9SecBuick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: VR question

Did you ever figure this thing out? I know revival from the dead....lol
9SecBuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #3
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have argued the same thing about my key start XRT800 and looked at several schmatics and still don't know how to get battery charged; thinking about installing a diode to allow power back to battery
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Danny according to a schematic I looked at for an 07 XRT 810 there already is a diode mounted across your large solenoid posts for charging purposes. Should be a red wire on one terminal and a red wire on the other terminal going to the diode probably mounted on the frame for cooling purposes. If your not charging that may be bad.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Yes I did figure it out. What I did was change my ignition switch to on that when I shut it off it goes to "ground", then I connected the kill wire (white w/ black stripe) to that part then run a constant power wire to the small pole on the solenoid. Constant power allows the solenoid to remain closed allowing the starter/gen to be charging at anything above idle speed and still shut off when you turn it off. Simple system, no micro switches to go bad simple wiring. No problems since I did it and it gets used daily 7 days a week
ericandrews331@msn.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car