lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Ezgo 2pg heI frustration.

OK here is the short of the long. Last year I did a hei conversion on my 89 ezgo 2pg. I had weak spark did the conversion spark came back nice and blue. I started riding it around and after about 1 hr. It would slowly lose power then completely die. I would pull a spark check in this state and the spark was very weak red in color. I have since decided to rebuild the motor. I removed the engine bored 50 over installed main bearings and seals cleaned reed cage ect. Also installed a brand new pulser thinking that could be the problem. After the job was finished cart runs great but continues to do the same intermittent problem. I have bought new h.e.I new coil plug wire and plug twice now. I replaced solinoid and voltage regulator also. It sometimes starts up and runs great others feels very doggy indicating that soon it will completely die. I know that it's an ign. Issue because the spark is not good when this happens. I have gone through all wiring this problem continues. I'm not sure if the timing starts to fall off explaining why it gets doggy then all together fails? Any help would be awsome I am about to put a stock ign. Set up back on the cart. The only thing that has not been replaced starter/gen and the f/r switch I would not imagine those would have any sort of effect on this problem but I don't know where else to look. Thanks guys and sorry for the long read.
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 2pg heI frustration.

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Engi...words=oem+5195

https://www.amazon.com/ACCEL-35361-I...ds=accel+35361

The above two links are what I installed on my cart in 2013. They are both going strong today. The module was only $16.99 back then, so you might want to try this one. https://www.amazon.com/ProForm-66944...ustomerReviews

You need to clean a piece of bare metal on the cart, and then install an aluminum heatsink before you install the module. If your module has two little nubs on the back, they need to be removed, so the module sits flat against the heatsink. You also need a good amount of dielectric grease under the module.

It really sounds like your module is burning out from heat.

EDIT: You never mentioned if you tried switching the blue, and red pulsar wires. It makes a difference on different modules.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The wires on the pulsar have been flipped. And it defiantly runs worse when there flipped no acceleration at all. The nubs were cut off. Applied the proper heat sink grease on the bare metal bracket. I have tried several coils and several brand new hei module with same results. It will do this poor spark condition Evan when sitting for an hour.so I would assume can rule temp out.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Let's start with what it's not.....

It's not the solenoid, voltage regulator, starter, any of the switches, or the pulsar.

It could be the
Plug
Plug wire
coil
hei module.
ground.

The battery should be grounded to the frame, the engine, and the bottom lug of the FnR switch with big cables.

What does your plug look like? Is it wet? Heavy black carbon?

If it's wet, it could be a ripped diaphragm in the fuel pump.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:12 AM   #5
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have replaced coil with several could including a good one of a yamaha g2 and wire that still runs today. I have checked all grounds with meter frame battery engine body. I have replaced hei 3 times now with the same results. I ruled out fuel being the issue because the spark changes when I expiernce this. Also plug wet. The plug is brand new bp4hs replaced 3 times now and changed gap all 3 times. Starting at 12k and going up to 30k. I'm stumped.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Read this. It might be worth investigating. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html
Old 04-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #7
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks cart around for the link good read. I rebuild all my pumps with a windero kits including this one multiple times. Thinking that could be the issue. I'm still ruling out that it's a fuel issue due to the poor ign state. I did use a jet drill and jumped up a size just because I did notice with the chock pulled very slightly. A very slight increase I'm rpms. This did help I have not yet expierenced the clink out with weak spark. It does slowly start to loose RpM then pull choke ever so little and it gains a few rpm.s it has a strait k&n filter on it I know it must be lean with that set up I thought about going another size larger on the jet and see where that putshould me. This still does not explain the weak ignition when this happens.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:29 AM   #8
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I should also say it's very slow to react to the chock pulled not a instantaneous thing
Old 04-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #9
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

What ratio are you mixing your fuel?

Have you checked for a plugged exhaust?

I know your spark is getting weak, but we don't know what is causing that.

You have changed every part of the ignition system, and it still has the same problem. That means it's something that hasn't been changed, or checked. That's why I would look at the exhaust, and fuel pump. There is nothing else left.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #10
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I will go back to the fuel. What's your thoughts on the jetting. Also the oil pump is still hooked up. I have put 2oz per gallon in the tank with the oil pump running for break in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO