lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
Andy johnson
Not Yet Wild

Default Not running club car

2000 club car with 290
Still messing around with this thing it was running when I bought it used
Put a little c foam in couple of cap fulls to 1/2 tank gas The more we drove it around it started to die pulled the body off to give it a good cleaning new plug air cleaner oil change I see it has a new coil with built in igniter and I have tried ground off and on rev limiter this is where I’m at it will start and yes it is running not just turning over but when I put my foot into it cart will cough and die try it again dose the same and some times pops back through carb but some times I will try it after work or in the morning and it will run like a champ I will take foot completely off try again some times problems and sometimes runs but always comes back around to problems
This is what I have done
Fresh gas New fuel pump filters definitely have gas at carb
Clean carb 5-6 times carb cleaner compressed air through all holes
I don’t think I can get it any cleaner so put new carb on same result new carb gaskets
Put inline spark tester always lights up even when it dies
Can blow air through exhaust not plugged
Started to Check wires with meter all checks out
Tried Gas cap & air cleaner on and off
Has 130lbs compression
Would dirty valves have anything to do with it
I’m lost any input is welcome thanks
Andy johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
Andy johnson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Not running club car

Just to up date was running out all electrical circuits everything was tested good and just kind of figured that we were losing spark under compression just a wild guess so we ordered a new coil and it runs like a champ I would like to thank everyone that helped out in my early post this site has so much information when doing searches on stuff thanks again
Andy johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Not running club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy johnson View Post
Just to up date was running out all electrical circuits everything was tested good and just kind of figured that we were losing spark under compression just a wild guess so we ordered a new coil and it runs like a champ I would like to thank everyone that helped out in my early post this site has so much information when doing searches on stuff thanks again
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car