lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
edge800
Not Yet Wild

Default Shocks vs. Dampers

I have a lifted 2006 txt with a ezgo factory lift. I recently installed kyb 343137 shocks and found them pretty rough. MY original monroe dampers appear to be worn out and I can't find them anywhere. They are all aftermarket or a different ezgo # Can you still get 76418g01 and 76419g01's ? Are the aftermarket ones dampers or shocks?
edge800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 05:40 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shocks vs. Dampers

Not sure what you are calling shocks or dampers. They are all shock absorbers. Some have oil and a bit of air in them without pressure. Those are fine but heavy use can foam up the oil and air making the shock less effective until the oil settles again.

Newer automotive shocks use oil and an inert gas with "some" pressure. This helps the oil resist foaming and losing the dampening qualities of the shock absorber as designed.

The KYB shocks I have used since the early 80's were gas charged and tend to be stiffly valved. Note: they make shock absorbers for jet airliners.

Get an automotive shock of the lowest grade in the manufacturer's line. They will be the lightest/softest valved. Or buy original cart shock absorbers if you prefer a very soft ride. All oem cart shocks that I know of aren't gas charged.

Remember, automotive shock absorbers are designed to work for vehicles 2,000 lbs or more. Your cart might be 1,000 lbs.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO