lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
Yamahacruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default *Need G29 lift & shock advice*

I have a yamaha G29 and have installed a 4" madjax lift and heavy duty springs. The cart rode great when it was all stock but now its really rough. Not happy at all... So first off.. I live in the country. No pavement at all. Im gonna make a cargo box on the back for light duty work nothin extremely heavy but just to work around the farm.

* Has anyone safely used stock springs instead of heavy duty springs with a 4" lift and cargo on the back? The hd springs ruined the ride.
* Also Im debating on switching to a oem 2" lift. Is there anyone that can fill me in on how they perform such as the ride? I just want to run 20" tires without rubbing at all with a cargo box on back. Ive heard that with this lift the ride is close to stock which is what im goin for. Id rather run stock frontend shocks and suspension and stock springs for the smoother ride. Anyone have pics of an oem 2" lift on a G29 cart?
Thanks in advance for answers & help..
Yamahacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: *Need G29 lift & shock advice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahacruiser View Post
I have a yamaha G29 and have installed a 4" madjax lift and heavy duty springs. The cart rode great when it was all stock but now its really rough. Not happy at all... So first off.. I live in the country. No pavement at all. Im gonna make a cargo box on the back for light duty work nothin extremely heavy but just to work around the farm.

* Has anyone safely used stock springs instead of heavy duty springs with a 4" lift and cargo on the back? The hd springs ruined the ride.
* Also Im debating on switching to a oem 2" lift. Is there anyone that can fill me in on how they perform such as the ride? I just want to run 20" tires without rubbing at all with a cargo box on back. Ive heard that with this lift the ride is close to stock which is what im goin for. Id rather run stock frontend shocks and suspension and stock springs for the smoother ride. Anyone have pics of an oem 2" lift on a G29 cart?
Thanks in advance for answers & help..
I just installed a set of HD rear springs on my non-lifted cart, 2010 G29. I installed them this weekend and the ride improved substantially.

The weird thing is depending on where you look, they sell from $89 all the way up to $160. The Jake's being the most expensive but they all look the same. I bought the kit from Performance Plus Cart for $89. They got here in 3 days and were the exact same thing as the Jake's Springs, even had the Jake's literature in the box on how to install them....lol.

Anyway, long story short, they were easy to install and the ride with the rear seat improved immensely. I plan on installing the 6" A Arm lift as soon as the tires get here and I will let you know if the ride worsens.
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
Yamahacruiser
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. Thats good yours still rides well. Wish I knew someone with the factory 2" lift to see how they like it. Thats all I really need. Just enough to easily get 20" inch tires on without rubbing.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:27 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have done a couple of Yamaha OEM 2" kits & they are great for "just a little more clearance". Doesnt affect steering & alignment as far as I can see at all. While not "dirt cheap", a good option if you want to avoid "screwing up the stock steering"... but- every single lift kit from anywhere will require an alignment check when your done.

Even if you just took off the suspension parts & put them back on, "without changing a thing", a alignment check is the finishing thing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Yamahacruiser
Not Yet Wild

Thanks alot cgtech. Will 20" tires run well without rubbing? gonna put a cargo box on back. fixing it up for my dad to work with around the farm. wanting to go back to stock suspension for a better ride. Plan on running without hd springs hopefully. Thinking it will be much more stable at just a 2" lift as long as the stock springs can handle about 200 lbs of weight in the back at the MOST every once in awhile. Otherwise its just one person on the rig ridin around with some tools.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha