lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default FSIP motor surges

I just put in the FSIP 221-48VSpeedey on my 08 Drive from CGTechs recommendation. I had to splice the 221-SSCABLE to the factory sensor (R-R, B-B, G-W). I also upgraded th e battery cables to 2 guage. The cart flies now! I went from 16mph to 25 mph. But at 18 mph and around 22mph it surges for a split second. Any ideas? Thanks.
TIKT B8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: FSIP motor surges

Alltrax controller?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Uncheck the limit speed box just to see if that 'fixes it'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Sorry, stock controller.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Ok, physically push the cart around & see if solenoid activates & vehicle resists pushing. Accompanied by reverse beeper "beep-beep-beep-beep" (if reverse beeper doesnt work, plug it back in for testing, under nose of cart). We are trying to verify correct operation of speed sensor.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #6
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I pushed it around in run and tow, forward and reverse 5-10 feet and there was no beep or solenoid sound. Good call. I crimped the wires, should I try and solder them? I did connect them R-R, B-B and G-W. Is that correct? Thanks.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Wiring sounds perfect. And while I prefer soldered, crimped should still do the job... you could probe the green/white wire & check for 5v B+ pulses when pushed at very low speeds. (Push it fast, and the pulses would be too quick for your meter to catch).

Also, what's the last 4 characters of your controller part number? I think the current part number ends in '-21-00", which means in "yamaha speak" there are up to 21 revisions to the controller since it was originally released. Yamaha part numbers use that to signify changes to a part over the years. It could be "different part supplier" (doesnt apply to your moric controller), it could be "2 major revisions & 1 small revision", or anywhere in between. I know there were several software revisions over the years, so "3 total revisions" isnt the grand total.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #8
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I’ll go out and probe the green wire in a bit. We have a new puppy that I am on watch duty for a little bit to make sure he doesn’t chew on everything :)

The last four digits of the model number are 10-00.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #9
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

So I went back to check the speed sensor wires and I had a loose red wire. I took them all out of the crimping terminal and soldered them. I took a test drive and my speed dropped to 16mph. I unsoldered them and crimped them again. 16mph. I then just twisted them and 16 mph again. It gets to 16 quick and then just quits accelerating. I went from 25 mph with a surge to 16 mph by fixing a loose wire? I’m stumped.

But now when I push on the cart the reverse buzzer sounds and the solenoid kicks on.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:02 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Ok, so what happens if you just unplug the sensor & drive it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha