lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
littlefuzz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xrt 900

Ok, i fixed the steering today. I knocked that washer back on there and replaced the POS retainer with a snap ring, works fine now.
littlefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #22
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Did you add grease before putting the bellows back? I always put a lithium moly grease back in when I do any steering gear work.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #23
littlefuzz
Not Yet Wild

Yup, greased it up. I searched the site but couldn't fine anything telling me how to align the steering. It will turn on a dime to the right but not real far to the left. Could ya point me in the right direction? I'm mainly glad I don't have to get off and kick the wheel anymore :D Again, thanks for all your help!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Oh boy... this is a real memory test.

1. Clean the seal around the U-joint with WATER so you can see the yellow alignment marks. Any petroleum distillate will remove the marks.
2. Align the marks on the seal and the splined shaft PERFECTLY. On the money, if you will.
3. Without moving the steering wheel, hold it the way it's aligned and drive the vehicle for about 50 feet on level ground.
4. If it drifts to the right, then you need to SHORTEN the distance covered by the drag link off the live end of the steering box. If it drifts leftward, then lengthen it.
5. Check your toe-in. Pick up the front of the vehicle to get the wheels off the ground by about 2". Drop the front end as fast as your jack will allow. Set the front of the wheels to be 1/4" totally closer than the rear. In other words, set each wheel "pigeon-toed" by 1/8". Do this with the linking tie rod ends. (the tie rod that links the two sides together).

NOTE: There are two sets of left-hand threads in the mix. I cannot remember which ones are off the top of my head. I think the drag link tie rod is, as well as the driver side tie rod. Don't quote me on that, but I'm fairly certain those are the ones.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #25
littlefuzz
Not Yet Wild

Ok.... I'm confused It's not pulling to one side or the other, it'll just turn farther (a whole lot) one way than the other. I can almost make a 90 deg turn to the right I didn't understand the part about the seal and the splines (is that the shaft going into the steering box)?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #26
littlefuzz
Not Yet Wild

BTW, I don't mean to be so **** aggravating. Sorry I'm a
Old 12-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Hey nono how much do you think a yamaha g1 thats in fair condition will go for? 750 for that cart was a steal.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #28
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
The XRT900 is the same as a Carryall 272, except a little more off-road oriented... and red.

It's a medium-duty utility vehicle. It's built off a lengthened DS golf car frame that's been beefed up for the heavier duties associated with the work it's designed for.

Club Car Website - XRT900
Does the front end on that have a leaf spring? My 272 has a different setup... is that a difference in the model or just something they chagned over the years.

By the way...sharp looking XRT900.
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Here is the picture I told you about:

Old 12-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #30
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Does the front end on that have a leaf spring? My 272 has a different setup... is that a difference in the model or just something they chagned over the years.

By the way...sharp looking XRT900.
The 272 has a different suspension.

The frame is cut and dropped for a lift on the Carryall 252 (XRT 900). The 272 uses the control arm drop and coil over shocks.

Carryall 272 Specs:
http://www.clubcar.com/UtilityAndTra...vehicles&id=19

Carryall 252 Specs:
http://www.clubcar.com/UtilityAndTra...vehicles&id=23
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car