lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #31
medicconnor
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha Genius System Programmer

One of the reasons I need a programmer, I am sure finding the code is easier than hacking a software program key.
medicconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2015, 02:02 AM   #32
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think you may have missed what im saying. The "computer/pda diagnostics" dont help me solve problems... The "Z-1/Z-2" tester do. The electronic version is not that useful. I only use the "pda software" for programming and battery/warranty purposes, i never use it to "tell me whats wrong", its not very good at that (altho, a different tool is very helpful to me for the new FI gas cars, not the pda anymore). You can do your own testing of the controller "pinouts" with info i have posted here for the same answers, but the "z-1/z-2" gives it all at one time.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #33
thbarrons
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicconnor View Post
I'm suprised that with all of today's aftermarket programming that no one has figured out how to hack the PTV upgrade themselves.
Funny this was brought up, I was just thinking about trying this myself as a winter project. I'm a computer programmer by trade and a bit of an electronics hobbyist. I just got a 2011 YDRE, still has the stock Moric controller. I'm a little nervous about trying to exploit the software or modify the logic board on the one and only working controller I have. With all the guys on here who have upgraded from stock controllers I wonder if anyone has a functioning Moric laying around that they aren't dependent on and willing to part with it? If I was able to come up with anything I would definitely post it back here. As far as I know when I bought my used golf cart I didn't agree to any software licensing. It will be curious to see how paranoid the Yamaha programmers actually were, it might not be practical. I can't imagine it really is as simple as running a loop of potential codes as suggested. If anybody else has all ready kicked this hornets nest would love the details for any starting points or just to shoot me down. And certainly if anyone has a donor controller for me to work with, let me know, that probably is the deciding factor on even making an attempt.
thbarrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #34
cgtech

Yamaha

The controller is potted inside, physical modification will be a pain. The "dictionary attack" may work. I have sawzalled them into pieces before, just to get the plug (at that time i could not find the plugs in small quantitys), it was a huge mess..
Old 11-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #35
medicconnor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbarrons View Post
Funny this was brought up, I was just thinking about trying this myself as a winter project. I'm a computer programmer by trade and a bit of an electronics hobbyist. I just got a 2011 YDRE, still has the stock Moric controller. I'm a little nervous about trying to exploit the software or modify the logic board on the one and only working controller I have. With all the guys on here who have upgraded from stock controllers I wonder if anyone has a functioning Moric laying around that they aren't dependent on and willing to part with it? If I was able to come up with anything I would definitely post it back here. As far as I know when I bought my used golf cart I didn't agree to any software licensing. It will be curious to see how paranoid the Yamaha programmers actually were, it might not be practical. I can't imagine it really is as simple as running a loop of potential codes as suggested. If anybody else has all ready kicked this hornets nest would love the details for any starting points or just to shoot me down. And certainly if anyone has a donor controller for me to work with, let me know, that probably is the deciding factor on even making an attempt.
Message Sent, Let's Figure this out.
medicconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:01 AM   #36
thbarrons
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicconnor View Post
Message Sent, Let's Figure this out.
I replied to your pm. Just want to be sure you got it. I see there is some setting on the board about having to post a certain amount of times before you can use the pm system.
thbarrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #37
grovemotor
Not Yet Wild

Where can I buy a Genius System Programmer
grovemotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #38
fudd67
Not Yet Wild

So where do you purchase the infrared plugin for the cart itself?
fudd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #39
cgtech

Yamaha

Yamaha part number JU2-HA2F0-00-00
Old 03-21-2022, 01:31 AM   #40
sknopster
Not Yet Wild

The IR adapter (for use with a PDA) is available from many sources online. However, so many years have passed since this tech was favorable... I assume there is an adapter meant for use with a PC thru the USB connector or possibly using an Android cell phone. Yes? if so, is the software patch still called the Genius program?
sknopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha