lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Deli
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery/Charger problems

I have a Western 400 42volt cart.My problem started last week.The cart was charging as usual until I started smelling something like rotten eggs.I looked at the charger and it was still charging at 15 all night long.The batteries were very hot.
The batteries are 16 months old .I had them checked for voltage and also used a hydromiter and all the cells are at 1.275.I was told it was the charger by one person and a dead cell by another .I took the charger to our local cart store .The replaced the circut board ? said it was fried.But I noticed on the reciept that they used a 36 volt part.
At first I thought the problem was solved but now the chargher will not go above 10 and the batteries are almost dead .
I am trying a friends charger now.Iam not sure how long it should take to charge them.
Do I have to reboot the thing??
Thanks for any help
Deli is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Battery/Charger problems

I have never seen a 42 volt cart. Is it a factory 42 volt cart? The rotten egg smell is htdrogen gas produced by the batteries. Most common when overcharging.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery/Charger problems

Found western golf cars on the net:
http://www.westerngolfcar.com/pages/...b/model400.htm

It seems like expensive upgraded vehicle...
The charger should stop itself, as far as it says on their web site, it is an automatic charger.
If the meter does not go above 10 (amps I assume) could be because of the batteries are fully charged and charger is coming down to equalizing state (low amperage charging).
You better check the voltage of each single battery, with the charger on and without, then post the voltages here and we will see either it's a dead cell or what...
Overall, the performance of cart has changed?
What you mean with reebot the thing? If charger is automatic, I doubt it has a circuit breaker or something to "reboot".
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha