lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
artieb
Not Yet Wild

Default hot rodding a G1

I got my clutch side seal in and my 1982 G1 runs nice, 14-15 MPH, with a worn belt. I have read that with some minor mods the buggy will do 27-30. Any downside other than the brakes? I would hope to be able to put a throttle stop for small childen, could someone send me a thread that explains these mods? Thanks, Artie
artieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: hot rodding a G1

I think 27-30 is on the extreme top end from what i have read in this forum. You will need bigger rims/tires but before that a lift kit and a notched frame to provide the needed clearance for the clutch. The extremely large tires require frame and steering mods as well. Torque spring required for the clutch and maybe even a different engine. Use the search function to look for these different topics, do your research and have fun.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha