lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
rbahri5206
Not Yet Wild

Default I hate my g1!

i have tried everything i know how to do with no luck for some reason the carb on my cart is spewing fuel out the back by the air filter. Its a mikuni vm carb threr 2 holes at the back of the carb and they are leaking gas like crazy i have adjusted the floats a million times cannot fix any ideas?
rbahri5206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
nevin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: I hate my g1!

where at one back, where the air cleaner is two small holes?
nevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If the float is OK, not leaking and sinking, then the inlet valve is leaking. Either one will allow too much gas into the float bowl and flood the carb. These parts can become deteriorated by age or damaged by the ethanol in gas.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check out the link for info on mikuni carbs, i would give the carb a total rebuild and verify that the size of carb you have is what you need for your motor. Also verify that the jet sizes are correct for your engine. If it is not the oem carb you will have to do some research to determine what it is you have and if it is correct for your engine. http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
rbahri5206
Not Yet Wild

I apericate the link I have read it a million times no help I know it's not a stock carb but it ran fine with it before and all of a sudden I got the leak and engine I think is flooding I am fresh out of ideas
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Rebuild the carb, like GMB i suspect the inlet valve but anything is possible so i would totaly rebuild it.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
rbahri5206
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking of using it for target practice
Old 09-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Where are you at? If your close enough to someone and the price is right I bet you could sell!
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #9
rbahri5206
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE: ok guys thanks for all the help here's were i stand i got it running here's what i did. I used a smoke machine to trace al the ports in the carb and what i found was there was a hose going from the float bowl to the carb when i cut them apart the carb works properly as soon as i connect them to one another i get the gas leak problem are those hoses suppose to vent or be connected. i have them venting now and its running good i plan on taking it on a long test drive on monday.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbahri5206 View Post
UPDATE: ok guys thanks for all the help here's were i stand i got it running here's what i did. I used a smoke machine to trace al the ports in the carb and what i found was there was a hose going from the float bowl to the carb when i cut them apart the carb works properly as soon as i connect them to one another i get the gas leak problem are those hoses suppose to vent or be connected. i have them venting now and its running good i plan on taking it on a long test drive on monday.
Sounds like it was supposed to be a vacuum hose? Fuel running into the carb through a vacuum line will definately not run. Good job and good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha