lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 help

Ok guys and gals. I have flinched rebuilding my G1 motor and now it seems to have no power. What did I do wrong? It has all new seals and bearing the cylinder is .075MM over the head is cut .030 I had the intake an exhaust ported and polished. I moved the timing back as far as it would let me counterclockwise. Rebuilt the carb and did the muffler BBQ. It starts right up and seems to run fine on flat ground but when I take it down my street and try to come back up the hill it doesn’t have any balls. The hill isn’t that steep and is black top so that can’t be it. My electric Cushman would run up it faster than this will. I put the stock air cleaner on it thinking the K&n filter was killing it but no change in power. I have the screw for the governor all the way in plus stuck a bolt in it to help gain a little power but once again no help. I did install a jakes 6” lift but I haven’t found the tires I like yet so the stock ones are still on it for now. But like I said when trying to come back up the hill it will not increase in speed. It almost feels like something is holding it back almost a blogging type sound. Any info or ideas would be great. I do plain on installing a power spring kit but you would think with stock tires it would still run better than it does.
bigred_262002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
WesJ
Getting Wild

Default Re: G1 help

You probably have a belt slippage issue I would imagine.

Thanks,

Wes
WesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

That is what I thought so I replaced the belt but still the RPMs didn't increase any. Still felt like it had no power
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
WesJ
Getting Wild

what is the compression like?
WesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

We tested it with 2 different gages and the lowest we gat was 100lbs and I think that gage was bad. The other said 130LBS
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
daveswaves
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred_262002 View Post
Ok guys and gals. I have flinched rebuilding my G1 motor and now it seems to have no power. What did I do wrong? It has all new seals and bearing the cylinder is .075MM over the head is cut .030 I had the intake an exhaust ported and polished. I moved the timing back as far as it would let me counterclockwise. Rebuilt the carb and did the muffler BBQ. It starts right up and seems to run fine on flat ground but when I take it down my street and try to come back up the hill it doesn’t have any balls. The hill isn’t that steep and is black top so that can’t be it. My electric Cushman would run up it faster than this will. I put the stock air cleaner on it thinking the K&n filter was killing it but no change in power. I have the screw for the governor all the way in plus stuck a bolt in it to help gain a little power but once again no help. I did install a jakes 6” lift but I haven’t found the tires I like yet so the stock ones are still on it for now. But like I said when trying to come back up the hill it will not increase in speed. It almost feels like something is holding it back almost a blogging type sound. Any info or ideas would be great. I do plain on installing a power spring kit but you would think with stock tires it would still run better than it does.
Why did you move the timing "back" ccw. Moving the timing forward CW advances it. You may just be running to retarded. Did you "play" with the exhaust port...raise it up by any chance?? If so that may be your problem.
Are the new seals in the right way around?
daveswaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I read you was supposed to move it back yeah CCW maybe I should move it up an try that. There is no leaks an the compression is good so I would say there in right. Maybe tomorrow I will drive it up the hill backwards an see what it does. That should tell me if it is or not. No we didn't lower or raise the ports any so it should ok.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
daveswaves
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred_262002 View Post
I read you was supposed to move it back yeah CCW maybe I should move it up an try that. There is no leaks an the compression is good so I would say there in right. Maybe tomorrow I will drive it up the hill backwards an see what it does. That should tell me if it is or not. No we didn't lower or raise the ports any so it should ok.

Forget I said that I saw back which implies retarded. You are correct that moving the plate to the left(ccw) does advance the timing. Sorry bout that.
daveswaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

aww man.. You had my hopes up.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Put something behind your choke knob about 1/4" thick and see if that makes a difference. mine runs better like that.these stock carbs run lean. my main jet is stuck,won't come out so until i get a new carb thats how i run it. I also put a plowmans clutch kit on mine and made a big improvement.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha