lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Just picked up my project Yamaha gas limo 4-seater

Heres some pics of mine they might help.

Picture 049.jpg

Golf Cart 040.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

You can check out my build thread!!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Heres a couple more.

Golf Cart 001.jpg

Golf Cart 002.jpg

Golf Cart 003.jpg

Golf Cart 064.jpg
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks you Craig! Already looking at their position kit :)

What's "ydr"?
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #14
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Lurch! I actually was peeking at your build thread earlier! You did a really nice job! I don't want to go as far as you did with the powder coating and all, but it really helped to see what you did to bring it back to life. I'm going to do some rust treatment as well, and I'll probably end up spraying the floor (including the underside) in some Rustoleum and truck bed liner, and probably do the plastics in truck bed liner spray.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ydr = drive cart 2007 and newer
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm cool thanks! Does the same apply for the driven clutches? The G2 I'm picking up tomorrow is missing the drive. Depending which motor starts first, maybe I'll take one part off the other cart to make it work, then pick up a new drive and driven for the other cart.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I bought 2 carts at the same time also both were limo carts and took all the better parts and put one one to sale. Then took the profit from that sale to be able to work on the one I was keeping. I,ve sold for donations a ton of parts you could have used.
I will say this I will have a Jakes lift kit like new for sale, the one on my cart I,m going to a long travel.I also will have a complete engine with new carb, starter/genarator, plowmans jet kit and life time air filter, rebuilt front clutch and new plowmans rear clutch, sheaves and spring. I dont know how big of a hurry you are in.
It might take me awhile to get my Big Block conversion done and in.
If this is something you might be interested in give me a call, I don't type very well.
My #'s are 423-eight nine five-0244 cell or 423-five four two-8214 home call both numbers you can reach me at one or the other. My cart is a 2001 G-20 which is just like a G-16 but a factory Limo.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCH View Post
I bought 2 carts at the same time also both were limo carts and took all the better parts and put one one to sale. Then took the profit from that sale to be able to work on the one I was keeping. I,ve sold for donations a ton of parts you could have used.
I will say this I will have a Jakes lift kit like new for sale, the one on my cart I,m going to a long travel.I also will have a complete engine with new carb, starter/genarator, plowmans jet kit and life time air filter, rebuilt front clutch and new plowmans rear clutch, sheaves and spring. I dont know how big of a hurry you are in.
It might take me awhile to get my Big Block conversion done and in.
If this is something you might be interested in give me a call, I don't type very well.
My #'s are 423-eight nine five-0244 cell or 423-five four two-8214 home call both numbers you can reach me at one or the other. My cart is a 2001 G-20 which is just like a G-16 but a factory Limo.
I might be interested in the lift kit depending on the price. I was considering having a guy that fabricated twin snails on my '05 GTO (yep, into fast cars too haha) see if he can lift this bad boy 6-8", or if I'll be better off buying a kit. Trying to keep this a budget project since I'm going to be building a G2 as well. I'll try to get you a call this evening and discuss the lift kit!

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I've got a buddy that has a pretty fast 06 GTO, I think he holds the cam/intake record with the LS crowd they run at Darlington SC in the fall each year. Oh his time is 11.54 @ 121 something. Just call me when you can.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCH View Post
I've got a buddy that has a pretty fast 06 GTO, I think he holds the cam/intake record with the LS crowd they run at Darlington SC in the fall each year. Oh his time is 11.54 @ 121 something. Just call me when you can.
Sorry Lurch, had a late night with picking up the G2 this afternoon and doing some other projects. I'll definitely get in touch with you tomorrow. Hmmm.. I probably know who your buddy is, since I'm sure he's on LS1GTO.com. Next time you talk to him, ask if he knows who "MEAN GTO" is on the forum. I haven't been on there in ages but several people are familiar with my car.

11.5 with a cam LS2 is plain awesome! I actually still hold the record for the '04 6-speed bolt-on GTO time, back when I had my first one. I got pretty beast at launching it and was running 12.54 on just an intake, full exhaust, ported/polished throttle body, 160 degree thermostat, shifter, and stock tires. But a full second quicker on an LS2 and cam... must be a huge cam but very respectful nonetheless!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha