lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
scooteraz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart is "bucking" at idle

Hi all! I'm new to the site and I am looking forward to gaining some much needed knowledge about my cart. At idle the cart is bucking. Won't sit still. I assume its a clutch problem. My friend took it to the dunes 2 weeks ago. Could it be a sand issue. The belt is new. Looking forward to the comments. Thx

Scooter
scooteraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart is "bucking" at idle

What kind of cart do you have? Most of them don't idle at all they start when you hit the gas. The clutches are designed to idle they engage as soon as possible. There are some Club Cars that I know of that do start and idle like a normal car and when those clutches kick in they have a defined clunk and a lurch. Hope this helps.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
scooteraz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Its a mid 90's EZGO with a 24hp Honda. I don't know much about the clutch. It usually sits and idles nicely without lurching,
scooteraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

WELCOME to BGW You may want to post your question in the BIG BLOCK forums I'm sure you'll receive the answers there but you will have to provide more info for the to help K. ENJOY your journey.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo clutch assembly
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO