lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
pondbird
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Need help , newbie.

I have a g2 and at slow speed it acts like it cuts on and off. I can't seem to go real slow. Governor nut is tightened all the way down. It acts like the switch is kicking on and off when trying to go slow. Thanks, Mike
pondbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help , newbie.

Is the cart completely shutting off or just not idling right?

I had both happen on my G9 (basically the same) and the shutting off was a loose connection at the switch under the floor board and the poor idle was the breather box not sealed completely.

Might be as simple as and adjustment to the switch under the floor.

Hopefully this will give you some things to consider while waiting for the true experts to show up and tell you exactly what's going on.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

A lot of people think you can tighten up the throttle cable to make them go faster, well its not the case with a yamaha it makes little difference. So what happens is the throttle is open on the carb when the cart starts and it should not be. You should hit the switch on the pedal to make the starter go, and the top of the pedal should move about 1" forward before the carb starts to open. Adjustment is under the floor panel pull it out of there but turn the key off first. You change the governor to make them go faster, and a non lifted cart with out HS gears is not going to go that fast anyway because of low gearing....unless you put an engine that does 8K rpm in it. Note you can set the idle speed (on the top of carb) and most have idle mix adjustment (angled screw usually on side of carb) and make it idle really slow. This will make it start up better and you can idle the cart by just pushing the pedal down a little, if your clutches are working right it will not move yet but may creep a little on smooth surfaces.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
pondbird
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It acts like a switch, when moving at a slow speed you can hear it clicking on & off. I think the filter box lid is ok. Where is the switch under the floorboard? My gas pedal moves approx. 1 1/2 inches before the cart fires up. Thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
pondbird
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks alot, I'll check those things out tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can adjust the switch iirc, G2/9 you can even take the pedal off the splines and move it to a different angle. But I've never moved a switch its always the cable.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha