lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: New guy here with a 86 Yamaha G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolliau View Post
Did some more work on this today. I can suck on the pulse side of the pump and it works. I seem to have a lot of pressure from the crankcase pulse line but I am not sure about vacuum. When I take the line off to the carb I only get little spurts of fuel. Suggestions?
Thanks,
Don

UPDATE
Just got done puling the flywheel. The seal is shot on that side. Yes I will replace both sides.
I had the same problem. To diagnose I took the fuel pump off my garden tractor and hooked it up.....VROOOM! So I went down to the local John Deere dealer and got a $15 fuel pump for a tractor. Works great.

One jsut like this...
http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...ed=0CF4Q8wIwAA

It's been on for over a year without any troubles. I had to try the hoses in different locations because the Chinese maker of the pump didn't have any labels or directions. But after 15 minutes I had it fired up.

On a side note, if your seals are shot your engine might not be making enough vacuum for the pulse to work the fuel pump.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Question Re: New guy here with a 86 Yamaha G1

Don
have you found the problem ?
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
dcolliau
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarren9 View Post
Don
have you found the problem ?
Crankcase seals. I should have this up and running Thursday. I will let you know if it works and it should. the fan side seal is a mess. Still have to pull the clutch side.
dcolliau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Don
when you install the oil seals place so the letters and numbers are facing out.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I'm in MI too but not retired lol. G1 is a great cart built like a mac truck. Advantage of the oil injection is little to no smoke. new seals and topend it should run well long as carb is clean and your muffler is not plugged.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sho305 brigs up a point" the muffler "

I would read http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-hot-pics.html before you reinstall the muffler.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #17
dcolliau
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am going to put the engine back in today. I will post later today or tomorrow on the out come. Are there any performance up grades available for this cart? And, If I lift this 4 inches what is the biggest wheel and tire combo I can put on it?
Thanks,
Don
Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #18
dcolliau
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I started another thread because I couldn't find this one.
The cart is running. After searching this site I found out that the air chamber line and the oil pump line were hooked up to the wrong places. I cured that problem. I added a gravity feed fuel tank to try to run it. Still had to use choke. A buddy stopped over and we were looking it over and trying to run it. The air chamber had two holes drilled in the top of it. I put my thumb and finger over them and it Idled right down and ran. So a couple of rubber plugs later and some fine tuning and we were up and running. Hooked up the fuel pump and finished the installing the covers and went for a ride. This baby runs excellent.
I am going to mount the new bass boat seats today and I will post some pictures of this rag later. I did have to order a pair of tie rod ends and two brake cables. They will cure the other problems.
I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions and help. The site search also gave the the info on the black wire with the white stripe so I could start and run this without having to push the pedal continuously. SWEET!
Next? Lift kit, tires and wheels and paint job.
Don
Old 11-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Great news! glad you got it running. now the fun begins.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Congrats on gettin' the cart running. Needs pics of the build.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha