lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: What cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippz View Post
That would be perfect....thanks. Other than the disclaimer it should be perfect. The part about PROFESIONAL and DEATH reall y caught my eye.
yea everybody's got to cover their azz now a days
let us see when you get it installed

got to love this
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I can try to get a pic,but its' just a small flat piece of steel with 2-holes in it to connect the cables.They have to be spaced 3/4"-7/8" to function properly,you can't just connect the cables together.I think the holes are 3/16".Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #13
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I own a wrecker service and next door to us is a tool and die fabricator. I spoke with him weds. And he's making me tabs to go on the end of the cable to give me 1/4 to 5/8 more adjustment instead of replacing the cable. When he is done I will get pics and install pics and let you know how it goes.
Flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #14
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

The longer tabs fixed the concern and not one single back fire. The carb seems to clean out better on accel and seems to be crisper. Did not get pics as my phone was about dead but will get pics Saturday and post them up.

Thanks

Scott Ross.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
crash test dummy

Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
reddmax
Not Yet Wild

Do you keep an eye on RPMs with a tach or just listen to the motor and ease off when too fast? Speeds???? That joining piece sounds easier than replacing whole cable.
reddmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

I just listen for sound,but also I don't get full throttle very often as my 2 and 5 yr old are usually with me. I have looked at several tachs but as for my first cart and the one I have now I just listen. The first cart was used for sporting clays and was driven a lot faster a lot more a d even rolled once and never had an issue. The guy that bought it from me still has and drives it every day.

I will get pics soon and if u let me know how much room u need I will see how much he will charge to make u one. It's stainless steel so it will not rust and retains tension. Mine is working great. We drove all day on it today and not one single issue or problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha