lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: we have had a problem with thieves in he country

Here's my thief deterrent...my pitbulls Ruby and Diesel. Their hearing is amazing. I swear they can hear a mouse pissing in a cottonball.

bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

They have lock boxes for your throttle pedal. They basically have a box that goes around the pedal and locks keeping you from pressing the pedal down and driving. Check out Nivel part number 30731, 30720, or 30719. They also have steering wheel locks, and wheel boots that work. However....like everything else. If they want it, they will get it!
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I had a friend that had repeat problems. LEO'ers said they new who was doing it, however it continued. Victimless crimes are a very low priority!
Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Just yesterday a Budd was talking about someone stealing 21 dock pilings from his lot. Can you imagine 21 30' dock pilings going missing Geez.

Well to the point. The LEO's said they could not do anything about it. That was the wrong thing to say. My friend started walking the neighborhood talking to this one and that and soon information came to light. He put up reward signs with his number and within 2 days he found the culprit.

I wonder if you 'shook the bushes' so to speak, could you can catch this wonderful credit to society.?
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #15
MattMPA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

A friend of mine has a tropical fish store. Last year, some guys climbed over a tall fence with razor wire at the top and stole $5000 worth of koi from the ponds. On the security footage, you see them come in with a net, scoop out the fish...then come back moments later for more. Must've had a big trash can or something in their car. They went right to the spot where the best fish were.

Earlier that day, three guys came in and spend a lot of time in the pond area. I mean, a lot of time..as though to case the joint. We copied all the security camera footage and burned to DVD for the police. In the end, they said there was nothing they could do unless we had a license plate number.
MattMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
Deshet
Not Yet Wild

I am sorry you lost so much.

The problem with thieves is a worldwide problem.....at least we don't have to worry about law enforcement doing the stealing like many other countries.

It sounds like you need some guard dogs and camera system. Guns work but they can't shot themselves when you aren't home but a couple good dogs are worth there weight in gold. Depending on the state you live in you could be charged for a crime for protecting property.

How does someone get away with stealing massey ferguson tractor? You must live on a hugh piece of land in a remote area or you store your equipment away from your house. Someone had to see a tractor driving or being towed down the road.
Deshet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Funny you mention about not worrying about law enforcement stealing. This is a true story, in the next town north of me two sheriff deputies over months and months time were pulling any Mexican or of Spanish decent on the interstate. In most of the situations these Mexicans were illegal. The deputies were stealing there money and other items of value then let them go about there way. This happened along time before they pulled over an under cover FBI agent that was Spanish. Needless to say these guys spent a lot of time in jail and no telling how much money spent on fines. Just a sad world today.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #18
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I actually had a friend who put THE CLUB on the steering wheel of his 1988 chev Corsica! (don't ask why)...thieves broke into the car and stole his Club. they left his stereo, the binder on the seat with 100 plus cd's, just took the club. Had a good laugh at his expense.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha