lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 92 club car will not move

hee hee hee...............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #22
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I would say if you are hearing crackling coming from the controller, it is either the wiring itself (loose or corroded wires will "arc" and make a crackling sound), or the controller as you suspect. My controller out of my 93 CC was TOAST. One end of it was removed (not sure if that is normal, or if someone removed it after the cart died) so when I disconnected it to look at it I could see inside, and see that it was definitely blown up. I "unsealed" the other end, and dis-assembled the controller so I could get a look at it up-close, and it was totally fried. Caps had swollen, some leaked all over the board, fets/regulators exploded, resistors burned up, etc.. If you are hearing crackling from inside the controller, it is most likely the resistors burning up, and capacitors boiling out. You'll probably have a black sludge all over the controller board inside the case if you happen to be able to look inside of it.

I'm trying to find a cheap replacement myself right now (not up to spending the big bux on a new high end Alltrax). I could probably rebuild this controller from scratch, if I had a schematic so I could tell what value each resistor was, but it's not worth the trouble.

Hopefully yours is just some loose connections or something. Good Luck!
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #23
jagelect
Not Yet Wild

Well I decide to go ahead and pull mine off and see if i could see or smell the problem. I can smell that something is burnt and when I shake it I can hear some loose particles inside also on the b+ terminal has some of the rubber like substance coming out it from being hot so i quess that its toast also I tried to take a look inside but it is sealed up pretty good. I didn't want to damage and not be able to use for a core. Ive not got a service manual yet so does anyone have any suggestion on what may have caused this problem.
jagelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #24
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

from what I've read, curtis controllers (the usual brand for golf carts) are notorious for burning up... I'm sure a resistance problem, or short circuit, so possibly bad cables, shorted wiring, etc.. Loose connections at the batteries or other components that lead to the controller will increase resistance greatly, and cause overheating. Once one part goes in an electronic device, more are usually to follow...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #25
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I'll take some pictures of mine and post them up on the forums later, to show how nasty things can get inside these controllers when they go south. Mine is REALLY REALLY BURNED UP, but I have seen worse...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it also could have just been its time...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car