lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
Grey grouper
Not Yet Wild

Default Xrt1550/carryall295 more speed

I have a 07 xrt1550 se with honda gx620. Does anyone know how to make it go a little faster ? I can't find any info other then a stiffer governor spring from buggies unlimited . They also sell stiffer valve springs too. Does anyone have any info or experience in this area. The cart does 26 mph now . I would like to adjust it a little without damage to the motor . Thanks in advance. And I know that there are not many of these out there.
Grey grouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Mandude3287
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xrt1550/carryall295 more speed

Did you ever find a spring. I just bought an one with the Honda as well. Having some front diff issues as well
Mandude3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the GX620 has a built-in Rev Limiter, so really unless you disable that and beef up the springs so You don't float the valves, etc it's going to be almost impossible to get a lot more speed out of the XRT's - search specifically for "GX630 performance" online and You'll find a lot more info than You will here, that drivetrain doesn't really lend itself to speed mods so Your best bet is to focus on getting more RPM's safely out of the engine.

As to the diff issues, there's a pretty good thread here on this forum regarding blown differentials, search "xrt1550" and I'm sure it'll pop up.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
Mandude3287
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I've tried searching and have found a good thread on the rear diff. I'm having issues with the front diff not engaging. Dealer told me it's and electric locking diff.
Mandude3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car