lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Bcrabbit3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lift kit for 2000 Gas Club Car

Has anyone ever tried a 6" spindle lift kit by RHOX? Just wanted some input on lift kits before I bought one. This will be my first lift kit install so I am a newbie.

Here is the link; http://www.diygolfcart.com/RHOX-6-in...p/lift-101.htm

Didn't know if this was worth the money or if there is a better option out there. I use the cart for about everything and I don't know the difference in the spindle, a arm, super sport, etc...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Bcrabbit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Fitdocsr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have that kit. It's ok, but I wouldn't buy it. I'd go for the Jake's or all sports.
I'd also go with a arm versus spindle lift. The a arm lift gives you much more suspension travel, and a much better ride
Fitdocsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Bcrabbit3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit for 2000 Gas Club Car

I found this 6" and 8" lift kit on eBay. Looks like they are custom made. They have sold a ton of them with pretty positive reviews. I do like saving money but I don't want to compromise the structure of the cart. What do you think?

6"- http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Club-Car-D...item19debabbc2

8"- http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Club-Car-D...item4619407b9a
Old 07-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcrabbit3 View Post
I found this 6" and 8" lift kit on eBay. Looks like they are custom made. They have sold a ton of them with pretty positive reviews. I do like saving money but I don't want to compromise the structure of the cart. What do you think?

6"- http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Club-Car-D...item19debabbc2

8"- http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Club-Car-D...item4619407b9a
Those aren't custom, that's probably the most common 6 inch A-arm lift out there for Club Cars - just about everyone has that lift branded as theirs. I have it, just not the one branded on e-bay, on my cart and it's a good lift for what I do. For serious off roading, it isn't a good choice though IMO. The springs are WAY too stiff, most folks either remove a leaf from each like I did or revert to the originals. The bushings on the spring to A-arm bolts are super cheap and will be worn out within a few months, if you get this kit do yourself a favor and pick up some bushings just like them at an auto parts store (I used Energy Suspension bushings) and put them on from the start.

With a little modding, it's a good usable lift that won't break the bank, but I'll say again - if you off-road much you're better to spend the extra on a better lift.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought the 8" lift, Quality seems good (similar to the 6" all sports lift on my electric cart) One of the a-arms were bent when I received it. Contacted the seller and had a replacement part right away.
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Bcrabbit3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I don't do any heavy off-roading so this could probably work. Thanks for the input!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Bcrabbit3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjequip View Post
I bought the 8" lift, Quality seems good (similar to the 6" all sports lift on my electric cart) One of the a-arms were bent when I received it. Contacted the seller and had a replacement part right away.
When you installed it, did your a-arm rub on the bolt that attaches under the cart? Mine looks like it may rub so I think I may take the dremel and cut it down about 1/4 inch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car