lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 G9 engine rebuild

Hey all. I have a 94 G9 that I keep up at the cottage. My kids went up and for the love of Pete ran the thing out of oil and destroyed the engine...I THINK. It sound like marbles inside. I did a search and found a blurb about a balancing shaft in there. If the vlock gets worn for this shaft it is not repairable. I havent pulled the engine yet but I have it tore down enough to have it out in an hour.
Who sells a good kit for this engine ? It probably has the rod bearings knowked out too. But that shaft thing worries me. Should I rip it apart and try and see if the block is worn out ? Where can. I get an engine rebuild manual for this old girl ? Funny but this was MY cart and they destroyed it ! I have a 90 ParCar 2 stroke that I rebuilt and it still runs perfect. Wish they would have used that one ! Thanks for any help .

Bob
cartnupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 1994 G9 engine rebuild

They ran it out of oil? You just don't know till you pull it apart. Most likley you will need the primary fixed sheave puller tough. Everything else we can walk you though. Some here have ran the engines withouth a balancer, sorry, I can't help you there, I've never done it. Good Luck!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply ! Yeah seems like no one except the old man knows that engines have dipsticks for a reason. Running WOT with the gov bypassed = ouch ! Rebuilding it doesnt scare me. I guess I will pull it out of there this weekend and have a look inside. I will post back once I get it apart . I have a primary tool for the ParCar. Not sure if its the same but its up north anyway so I will have to pick one up.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Its not the same, its metric...sorry
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Dought the Parcar one will work. Here's what a G1 thru G22 puller looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 186-1_med.jpg (3.9 KB, 0 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #6
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

Best place to order ?
Old 08-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I pulled it apart. I keep hearing my daughter saying "dad whats that noise". Looks like crank is scored, rod bearings were wafer thin, probably need a rod, engine case is worn where balancer shaft runs. So minus the engine case which I would have to find used it looks like 1k to get it going again. Not sure if the old girl is worth it. Should I just remove the balancer and see how shaky it runs ?

Old 08-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah, for that kind of money I'd be looking at a clone or a vtwin. I did my clone for less than $500 using the stock clutch. Of course after a few months I was tearing it apart adding go fast parts, and have way more than that in it now, but a stock clone will run better than a stock G9 engine. Just my .02
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
cartnupnorth
Not Yet Wild

I would prefer to go that route but have no idea where to look for an engine. Do these swaps go relatively easy ? Point me in the right direction. The damage to this is pretty gad for sure. I have never seen a rod bearing worn down to razorblade thickness !
Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #10
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

http://www.vegascarts.com/

site sponsor, he has complete kits
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha