lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #41
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuild Starter/Gen?

If its following another ground,it wont affect anything,its just another ground.Glad to help,thats why we are all here.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #42
colu41
Getting Wild

Ok cool. Hopefully I have time tomorrow after work to bring the motor out there and get some good news. I'll definitely post back as soon as its done. Thanks again for your help!
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #43
colu41
Getting Wild

Brought my starter to the shop. He literally took the rubber side pieces off to take a quick look at the brushes, smelled it, and said, "uh yea, I think you got a problem" lol. He thinks the armature is probably garbage. It was late in the day so he said he'd call me tomorrow to see if he had spare parts to fix it, otherwise he can order parts. Well, i Just looked on eBay and found a bunch of brand new starters for $130???? How can all these golf parts stores sell them for $250+!? My local golf cart store wanted $320! So, I may just be ordering a brand new one tomorrow, and then I'll finally have a perfectly running golf cart after 2 long months of my time, & money into this thing....
Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #44
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Careful with the cheap online ones,look around here on the site.I've heard good and bad about them.They are usually cheap off-shore units with cheap parts,and don't hold up well.You get what you pay for,the OEM ones are made by Bosch.Wait until your rebuilder calls,you still may get out of it for a decent price.Even a rebuild cost of $150 would be money better spent,than buying a low-quality unit.After a good rebuild,yours will last for years before needing service again.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #45
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

^^^^ This.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #46
colu41
Getting Wild

Fair enough. But what if he cant rebuild/fix it? How much would the entire armature unit cost to replace?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #47
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hard to say,but like I said,even if the rebuild is 1/2 the price of new,it will be as good as new when its' fixed.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #48
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

That would be anywhere from 140.00 to 190.00 just for that part.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:15 AM   #49
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yep, had mine done in the spring to the tune of $180 with a new commutator. been reliable ever since. was tempted to get one of those online. most are manufactured in India, and i havent heard good things about them so i went with the local guy. check your regulator, the output on mine was 17v!!! thats what smoked the starter/gen. had to replace that as well and have had no problems since
Iceberg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #50
colu41
Getting Wild

He called today and ended up having to get a new armature. It already had new brushes and bearings somehow but, Armarture was toast. He said I'll have about $120 into it. I can deal with that.

I was hoping the Starter was going to be the last piece of this very long, exhausting puzzle lol. I'll check the regulator again after I get this thing going again.

Thanks again guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car