lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
jjdub3344
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 cc gas spins but won't engage

93 cc gas fe 290 motor just quit while driving full throttle. It's getting gas and has spark. When I removed carb I noticed butterfly was missing nor screw. Have no idea where it's at now. But my clutch won't engage and sounds very weak when trying to start. Don't know where to start. I am very familiar with this motor but don't know if it's a valve issue or drive/driven clutch problem. Any info would be appreciated.
jjdub3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 93 cc gas spins but won't engage

Probably not your clutch. So you're saying it's getting gas? How did you check it? Is the spark plug soaking wet after you try to start it?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
jjdub3344
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 cc gas spins but won't engage

I see the problem now.......I took the cover off where valve springs are and one of the push rods were off of the rocker arm. The one on drivers side. Well I didn't pop it back on just shoved it under rocker arm to see if both valves springs would go up and down and they would so I then popped push rod on and turned motor by hand and the passenger valve froze up so now I can't get full rotation out of my motor..........so does this mean I have to replace whole valve spring or is it more complicated than that?
jjdub3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car