lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #41
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 Robin, No Spark, New Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Can't take photos, ( other than the one I posted here of the mounting position ) ... The cart has already gone back to it's owner. He is very happy with the outcome and says as far as pedal response and pulling power it's running better than it has since he's had it. I can't attribute all that to ignition because after I got it to firing I had to go through the carburetion and throttle linkage adjustment. I gave a description of the module that I bought and how it needs to be mounted to manage heat dissipation. I think heat dissipation is a KEY FACTOR in getting this to be successful. All of the information that I accessed to get this done I found on this forum, although I did have to make one variation on the wiring. Had to cross the red/wht wire and black from the pulser coil to get it to run. I'll see if I can still dig up the wiring diagram that i used, I may have it saved to file, but it's posted on this site somewhere. All you need is the GM module. ( Autozone is the cheapest source, about $28, but they were out of stock when I bought and Oreilly's had one on hand for about $32. Advance Parts also had it in stock, but had it priced at about $58. ) The module plays well with the EzGo OEM ignition coil and pulsar coil. Wiring is simple. Owner is pleased and that makes me pleased. I'll be keeping in touch with him for future performance and longevity of the conversion.
I am not sure why you couldn't get it to fire with original parts. I have worked on more than I can count and never been beat. Just always used OEM parts which I have plenty of spares.

Many people have converted the 4-stroke to HEI and from what I am told they don't last.

The Rev limiter is also built into the OEM ignitor and for someone that don't know they could very easy blow this engine up with the HEI module. All OEM ignitors except the 1991 models and maybe a few 92's don't have ignitors with built in Rev limiters . Those are rare.

The OEM ignitor will shut the engine down when it hits around 3700 RPM's and save that engine. At least that was the way it was supposed to work.

Just about ever cart I see someone has crushed the governor spring on top of differential also. These engines were not designed to run 30 MPH but many try

Hope your conversion lasts. I am told they don't but you can update us on the one you did.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2022, 08:19 AM   #42
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 Robin, No Spark, New Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Hope your conversion lasts. I am told they don't but you can update us on the one you did.
UPDATE ! I had occasion to talk to the owner of this cart yesterday. He says it's still running great and that the cold cranking performance is better than it's ever been. Knock on wood and fingers crossed, but so far, still firing.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO