lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #141
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: DIY 101 - 14 cell Nissan Leaf lithium pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Why don't you just go to Ace and pick up 1/4-20 all thread and nylon locknuts. I put together my 27th pack yesterday and every one has 1/4-20 all thread. Stuff is cheaper than the metric all thread and you do not need stainless all thread either. IMHO
Precedent Tub in picture
FWIW, the metric thread has a "better" thread pitch for sliding all the modules together. The American pitch comes to a sharper point and grabs the aluminum modules when sliding 'em on.

I've done both a much prefer the metric.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #142
mmaattppllaayy
Not Yet Wild

Would anyone be able to post a pic of the bms wiring with numbers over where the bms wires should go. Here is my assembled battery.
mmaattppllaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:42 PM   #143
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are two drawings; one is of the 7 pack with the Sergio relay mods included. The 14 module pack is without the relay mods. If you can get them printed on 11 x 17 ANSI-B, that is what they are sized for.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:16 PM   #144
mmaattppllaayy
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much that file is 100% what I needed. Now I do want to wire up the main cart solenoid negative wire to the wire on the bms so it kills the cart if a cell gets out of wack. So I would just connect one black wire to the charger and the other black wire to the solenoid negative correct? Then just 1 of the blue wires to the battery negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Here are two drawings; one is of the 7 pack with the Sergio relay mods included. The 14 module pack is without the relay mods. If you can get them printed on 11 x 17 ANSI-B, that is what they are sized for.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #145
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy View Post
Thank you so much that file is 100% what I needed. Now I do want to wire up the main cart solenoid negative wire to the wire on the bms so it kills the cart if a cell gets out of wack. So I would just connect one black wire to the charger and the other black wire to the solenoid negative correct? Then just 1 of the blue wires to the battery negative?

The tap harness drawing for the 7 pack is correct and proofed by Sergio who designed the relay system. The 14 module drawing shows the tap harness connections for your reference, the remainder of the wiring is done from the 7 pack drawing. You may cut off one of the blue and black wires from the BMS. Follow the drawing precisely and you will get the results you want.

Read thru this complete thread for a complete description of what Sergio designed. The 7 Pack drawing was first posted on this thread.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160302
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #146
mmaattppllaayy
Not Yet Wild

I got it working thanks to all the help here. What are your opinions on my settings for the bms? My charger is a 57.5v so I am basing the max V off that.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:28 PM   #147
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

How has the pack held up? One bad battery and you would have to take apart everything.
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #148
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2736185 View Post
How has the pack held up? One bad battery and you would have to take apart everything.
Really no issues with the packs at all. The only issues I have had at all was with the generic chargers I used initially, both failed (seems like i got a bad lot) and one of the ZEVA monitors died. Ian at ZEVA offers to repair it if I shipped it back or a new one at 50%. Other than that they work awesome and I use the carts daily! I'm actually looking at building new 202ah 16S packs using CATL Lifepo4 cells.
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #149
bmuh
Not Yet Wild

Firstly, thank you all for documenting such knowledge. I was planning on getting a Roypow pack which I wasn’t really thrilled about before I found this thread! This has been extremely helpful!

Now, I just finished reading this thread but still have a question. I just installed my Navitas 600a AC conversion and want to be at 72v for max power. The way I understand it is, the leaf batteries must be paired (making an even number of batteries) but 9 batteries would get me right over the 72v mark. Can I run 9 batteries, or do I need to have 10? Also, is it ok to exceed 72v on the 600a Navitas controller, or will that damage it?

Thanks!
bmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #150
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You can certainly run 9 "modules" which is 18 cells which will give you a max of about 72V. It will run less than that most of the time. (more like 68V) 10 modules will give you a max of about 80V which might be too much for your controller. I would check on that and if it's not too much, then go with 10 modules.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium