lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
Sportster
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha Body Painting Project (G29)

Painted a few cars in the past but never a Yamaha golf cart. I searched around here and got the basics, adhesion promoter, acrylic enamel, SEM flexible primer etc.

The choices out there are endless, but I did find this stuff on everbody's favorite e-store and like to know if anyone has any experience with it.

"Restoration Shop - Fire Red Pearl Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint - Complete Quart Paint Kit - Professional Single Stage High Gloss Automotive, Car, Truck, Equipment Coating, 8:1 Mix Ratio"
Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2021, 06:35 AM   #2
Sportster
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Body Painting Project (G29)

Crickets....... I have some on the way. I'll post the results.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #3
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

I was just poking around and saw your post. I have used a bunch of this stuff. Painted a couple carts with it as well. It does good. I clear coated after but that is not required. I sold the carts so I can't really comment on longevity but it is easy to use and relatively cheap (as far as automotive paint goes) and turns out pretty good. Show us some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red 5.jpg (668.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg red 1.jpg (610.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg blue 3.jpg (783.3 KB, 0 views)
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:28 AM   #4
Sportster
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply, good to hear positive results. You always go into these things wondering if you made the choice. The plan is to use eastwood's contour polyester high build primer underneath. All told I'll have about $115 in material for the paint job.
The red in your photos looks to be the same as I chose.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Might want look at "the sticky" above in this section. Master66 can help if you ask.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #6
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Mine was the "Firemist Red" I am not a red guy usually but really liked how that one turned out. Eye catcher for sure.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 07:31 AM   #7
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the high build primer is definitly a good choice. works well if you have scrathes in the plastic. that way you can spray a coat fill sand with 320 or 400 grit. prime again if needed sand again 320 /400 untill happy and smooth. i always use red or gray scotch brite after sanding fill primer with 320 /400 and scotch brite it all over to make sure i got everything all hard areas and corners. i do us adhesion promotor on the body before first prime . final prep is the best key to a nice paint job . when your ready for paint final red make sure you blow off really well wash with a final clean wax grease remover. then tack rag it really well. just before you spray your red. you might have already painted this . but if you havent and need any help or info feel free to reach out to me in a pm. id be glad to help. been doing auto body for 28 years . and please post pics of your cart when you get done .
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center