lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric Argo build

The 48V system is more efficient than 36v.

I did an internet search for "how long will a 48v golf cart run" and it said a 36v cart will go 30 miles and a 48v cart will go 40 to 45 miles. If the test cart was doing 19mph then that's a little over 2 hours of 'go time' on the 48v pack...

You are talking about using two motors and two controllers. So you may see 1.5 hours of time with a foot on the accelerator. If you want a 50/50 mix of sitting and going and want 6 hours then it sounds like you are not going to be happy...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2021, 01:41 PM   #12
Flounder
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
The 48V system is more efficient than 36v.

I did an internet search for "how long will a 48v golf cart run" and it said a 36v cart will go 30 miles and a 48v cart will go 40 to 45 miles. If the test cart was doing 19mph then that's a little over 2 hours of 'go time' on the 48v pack...

You are talking about using two motors and two controllers. So you may see 1.5 hours of time with a foot on the accelerator. If you want a 50/50 mix of sitting and going and want 6 hours then it sounds like you are not going to be happy...
Enough run time is a concern, but I have not found anyone else who has done this before so the whole thing is an expensive experiment. I am hoping with the 2 motors my current draw wil not be much more than a single motor since I am still moving the same amount of mass but splitting it between two drives.

If nothing else it should be fun to watch.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It should be fun, that's for sure. a nearly silent 6x6 will be something to behold!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #14
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I am certainly interested to see how this project goes!

Assuming you will be using traditional style steering for these types of vehicles. I'm curious to see how you deal with the forward/reverse system.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:23 AM   #15
Flounder
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Well I am certainly interested to see how this project goes!

Assuming you will be using traditional style steering for these types of vehicles. I'm curious to see how you deal with the forward/reverse system.
My plan is to use two separate throttle/direction levers, one for each side. 4 0-5k speed pots. Two for forward, 2 for reverse. I plan to use a spring return lever to push them back to neutral (mid position). I am debating using relays to take each one out of the circuit or if I will just put them in series. I will use limit switches to determine if the levers are in the forward neutral or reverse position and send that signal to the controllers.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!