lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
AZgolfcartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Wholesale market question on RXVs

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by soliciting general market advice; I didn't see anything about that. To be clear, I'm not trying to sell anyone here anything, so please don't ask to buy something from me if it's going to get you or me in trouble.

I'm in Arizona and looking to offload a fleet of 2016 RXV Elites. They're all in suburb condition with new Trojan batteries and, with a handful of exceptions, are all fully OEM. Club Car/EZGO are offering what strikes me as a totally absurd trade-in for the used cart market that we're in.

Does anyone have any advice for where I should start looking, other than just to call wholesalers in my area? Do any of this site's sponsors buy direct from clubs?
AZgolfcartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wholesale market question on RXVs

How many carts are in your fleet?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
AZgolfcartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
How many carts are in your fleet?
Ninety lead acid 48v, although I also have a couple more with older aftermarket lithium packs.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sent you a pm.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
bmmonahan
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Any interest in selling one or two to someone inAZ?
bmmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #6
AZgolfcartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmonahan View Post
Any interest in selling one or two to someone inAZ?
I clarified the site rules with an admin. Allowing inquires for buying the carts directly does fall under the prohibition of conducting business for non-sponsors. Normally I'd help you out but the rule makes sense, so I'm sure you understand.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:14 PM   #7
RogerA
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You have to figure the guys selling you the new carts will double their money on your used carts. So let’s say the are offering you $1000 each. Put a big add on the nearest big city paper at $1500 each, come and get them. Advertise them where is, as is, no warranty, cash and carry. They will be gone in a week.
RogerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #8
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

eBay also has an active golf cart market ... you should be able to get 3500 or more per cart there no sweat.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:26 PM   #9
TGJR
Gone Wild

Just out of curiosity, what was EZGO offering for them?
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:53 AM   #10
AZgolfcartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
You have to figure the guys selling you the new carts will double their money on your used carts. So let’s say the are offering you $1000 each. Put a big add on the nearest big city paper at $1500 each, come and get them. Advertise them where is, as is, no warranty, cash and carry. They will be gone in a week.
If you don't have the liquidity to buy your fleet up front then the trade-in number on the lease is definitely where they'll take their cut of the remaining equity in the vehicle. I don't know about double the cost for the manufacturer, because they have to split that equity pie with other parties to get them sold to the end user, but it's probably close to double for me as the seller, yeah.

I'd consider just listing them as is but we have a very closed facility which simply can't double as a showing area. Plus, we'd need to keep them operational until the rather small window to swap out our fleet arrives, then they'd all need to go at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJR View Post
Just out of curiosity, what was EZGO offering for them?
I'd have to review my paperwork to be sure of how much I can actually disclose; my guess is that it's proprietary information. What I can say is that it's a fixed pricing matrix with built-in depreciation and that it's below what the independent market will bear if you have the option to sell them back into the market yourself. One of the things I've discovered is that, within a certain window, golf carts simply don't depreciate like cars do. Right now, a 2016 is worth pretty much the same thing as a '14 or an '18, so their buy back model doesn't make a ton of sense.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO