lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #11
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Default Re: you can fool the speed sensor

GAMINDE....originally posted a drawing how to FOOL THE SPEED sensor in the motor to make the controller think it's only going at 1/2 the speed.....

and i commented on it a few times using the word "SPEED SENSOR FOOLER"

you might search these words....
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2003 club car IQ DS speed setting

Well I do have software and am able to set four speed modes among other things
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

I have a 05' DS IQ and I would like to set my cart to speed code 4, the problem is I live in NY 150 miles from where I keep and use my cart in PA, there is a GC dealer in PA about 40 mins away that has a CC programmer but he is NOT a club car dealer and has to go through someone else to get the code.......where and how can I obtain the speed code #4? I assume they would need my speed controller serial number and cart serial number? and who can I call? If I can buy the speed code can I have the dealer by me in PA program my cart with the CC diagnostic/programmer is there any special procedure?
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #14
tturbo01
Not Yet Wild

You can rent a Curtis control programmer for $30 a month.

http://www.mrksales.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=89429
tturbo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
slvrnkl
Not Yet Wild

With an IQDM you need the following codes to program code 4 which will get the car up to 20 mph. Code A = 231, Code B = 095, Code C = 123. Put it in tow for 20 seconds. Enter the codes and it will set to program 4.
slvrnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #16
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyoldcar View Post
I am still trying to decide whether to just do this high speed code or a Plum Quick bandit motor. From all that I have read, if I keep all other components stock I will only see about 20 mph top end with the PQ... why not just buy the code, hit 19.7 MPH and keep my regen ? It would be cheaper.
True...however from what others have said you will see a little more torque and speed over what you get with code 4 and with the Bandit you have a motor that is ready for an upgraded controller at a later date if you decide to do that. I have also heard that some of the carts set to code 4 will sometimes revert back to code 3 on their own.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrnkl View Post
With an IQDM you need the following codes to program code 4 which will get the car up to 20 mph. Code A = 231, Code B = 095, Code C = 123. Put it in tow for 20 seconds. Enter the codes and it will set to program 4.
You saying you don't need to pay CC for a special code based on your carts serial number for code 4??
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car