lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Default 1985 Club Car Flat Head Carb. settingas

Hi,

After changing plug, air filter and fuel filter the cart still stops and goes. I'd say fule starvation because if I press the choke button, it goes.

I have pulled the carb and am cleaning a huge amount of varnish.

The center needle will not come apart. The one that's up the shaft the bolt for the bowl. I have that soaking over night in carb cleaner.

What I need to know is what are the two settings for the the needles? One appeared to be a needle valve and I tightened it 2 and half turns before taking it out then replaceded it by tightening it down then backing it out 2 and half turns. The other screw was almost already tightened down. I have removed it out and it's soaking as the liitle orifice looks cloged but what is the correct setting for that screw.

I'm sorry I don't know what the technical name is for the two screws. One has a spring and that was the 2 and half turn one. The other has no spring.

Thanks,

Jim
jpmcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1985 Club Car Flat Head Carb. settingas

Thanks to any one that might reply, but I put everything back together and it's now working without the start stop and choke. Cleaning the carb seems to have worked. Now if I could just find the differntial and transmission drain and fill plugs I would be very happy.

Jim
Old 04-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i know this is late but there are no carb settings......as for drains look on the right side they should be there.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks but ther were two screws that I removed. One had a spring one didn't. I took the one with the spring out and after cleaning it replaced it all the way in and then backed it out 2 and a half turns. The other one was shorter and was tightend down. Cart works.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah thats the air mixture do dad that should be the only one the other one you just tighten down..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car