lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Spark only when

Cant get no.... spark . replaced everything, CDI, pulsating ignitor, micro switches, spark plug and boot. and only get spark if im pumping the gas pedal fast??? any advice???
madgasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Spark only when

Pumping the pedal fast does nothing. Going in and changing everything is the wrong way to go about it. Are all the parts you changed OEM? If not, change everything back and lets start over. This is the simplest motor on the planet to diagnose.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #3
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Pumping the pedal fast does nothing. Going in and changing everything is the wrong way to go about it. Are all the parts you changed OEM? If not, change everything back and lets start over. This is the simplest motor on the planet to diagnose.
I just said pumping there pedal fast is only way I get spark to see if that indicated something. I replace ething bec its 25 years old and the igniter was testing out of spec ! Coming off kina douchey Pal. If you don't want to answer move along.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I'm rough around the edges, I know.

Anyway, Have to get to a starting point somehow, Just trying to not get to the point of chasing our tail over some inferior part or parts that were replaced.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:34 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lol he was stating facts and you failed to answer the most important question of all "are all the parts you exchanged OEM?" Also model and year of cart help a lot
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #6
BuggieMaverick
Not Yet Wild

I'm likely wrong, but check the voltage of your battery and try charging it overnight.

I'll give you a backstory on this. I have a garden tractor with a horizontal shaft engine that uses a full size car battery (just like our golf carts). The battery was old but could crank the engine over just fine. The garden tractor sat a month or two last year between snow blowing season and mowing season. Come spring, I tried starting it up. It cranked just fine but didn't have spark. I thought I diagnosed it as a bad coil. Easy right? Wrong. The coil is mounted under the sheet metal by the flywheel, but since it's a garden tractor, the engine is mounted backward so the front is the back. That meant removing the engine completely from the tractor. I spent a day replacing the coil. I had ran down the battery so I charged it while I replaced the coil. I got everything back together and it started up and ran great. Until last winter...

It again sat a month or two between mowing season and snowblowing season. Same thing as before. It'd crank but no spark. I wasn't too happy that I'd have to remove the engine AGAIN to replace the coil. I'm not sure what made me try it but I charged the battery. It started but had the same problem 2 week later.

So what was the cause? A bad battery. My best theory is the oversized battery for the engine had enough amps to crank the engine but not enough voltage for the coil to function strong enough to create a spark. I likely could've avoided changing the first coil by checking the battery first.

I'd suggest checking the battery based on my experience. My other thoughts would be a faulty micro switch, a short, or a bad ground.
BuggieMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:34 AM   #7
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Kf82. After market cdi on, then off sending back. Put original cdi back on and now spark but only when pumping pedal . I believe the cdi is bad and trying to get another one but was curious if the pumping the pedal indicated anything specific.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:38 AM   #8
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Battery is good. Been charging and On booster while diagnosing, Cleaned / checked grounds, micro switches are new.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #9
rbtldavis
Not Yet Wild

Although I'm a rookie I'll give it a shot. My fe290 did the same thing before it quit starting at all. Replaced the solenoid. All is well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
rbtldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:37 AM   #10
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Anyone know where I can get an OEM Kawasaki cdi
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car