lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
Teeitup2day
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2009 Club Car Gas (GCOR)

Could someone explain just exactly what the function of the GCOR is? I have a cart that coughs and sputters some times for no reason and then runs fine for a couple hours. I cleaned the carb but the GCOR has me questioning the function?

Thanks
Steve
Teeitup2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Club Car Gas (GCOR)

Basically, it's just 2 microswitches...
one is for the engine start circuit, and the other is the engine kill circuit, and they rarely go bad.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
Teeitup2day
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Appreciate the response.
Does a 2009 Club Car gas have an RPM limiter? I am still chasing the problem of sometimes it just dies like say after 4 holes. Sputters, coughs and tries to start and after a few tries kicks in and runs fine for another few holes. It might do it once in 18 or three of four times in 18 holes. The kicker is some days I can get thru 18 without any problem. I replaced the carb and the fuel pump, no better, same exact thing. I suspect perhaps a dying coil now but perhaps I am missing something. I wish I had a wiring diagram for this cart (2009) Club Car Precedent gas but not able to locate one. That's why I ask about the rev limiter, perhaps that has gone intermittently bad or perhaps its a bad coil.

Any thoughts guy? Been this way for a month now and it's getting real frustrating.
Teeitup2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

They have a rpm limiter on the bottom front of the engine (right above the oil drain plug) but they also can have ignition coils fail the same way. A good way to rule out the RPM limiter is by removing the green ground wire from the engine that goes to it, and try driving and see if the symptom returns. If so, ignition coil is on its way out and on a Precedent it sure ain't no fun replacing.

A failed GCOR will cause the car to either not turn over at all or it will keep running after you stop.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:51 AM   #5
drill007
Not Yet Wild

which engine do you have? AS-11 or AS-26?
drill007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gcor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car