lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #11
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Gas Club car snubber install

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Are you saying to make a new tongue to drop the cradle down more "level" like it was pre-lift? I had already thought about that but not sure if it would fight the geometry since the rear of the cradle bolts to the rear end.
You will want to make a new tongue. With out it in the proper place the swing arm, (engine cradle), will swing up and down excessively. That will cause, or is a result of excessive axle/spring wrap.

IMG_1691 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1725 - Copy.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of mine from my 92 CC DS. The second picture I have the snubber on upside down so I don't lose it between now and when I make a new tongue.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. It's a gas carryall turf 2 so it's quite a bit longer wheelbase than a regular DS is, not sure if that makes any difference or not. But i'll look into making a new tongue, thanks for the pics :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #13
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad I could help!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #14
Taigrr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My cart is not lifted, it sounds like someone else with a similar problem has joined this thread......mine in normal height

I had a thought last night of maybe trying to cut it in half and put it on and then super glue and duct tape the 2 pieces together, rather than pay someone 35 $ to install it. it doesn't seem like that piece takes much abuse overall and i had no idea it was even missing until my cart guy told me last week
Taigrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sorry, Didn't mean to hijack :) Just a coincidence I had no idea it was called a snubber.

Fortunately I have a 2001 Carryall so the tongue just bolts onto the engine cradle. Takes less than 5 minutes to replace it. I wonder if you could make/buy a tongue like the later model CC's have. Then maybe you could cut off your OEM one and bolt it onto yours? Makes replacing the insulator 1000% easier lol.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car