lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 not running to great

Well just befor I put all my finished peices on the cart I took it for a spin, I cannot get it to run right. It will not run at low speeds. It started that it would only run by yanking on the choke every few seconds to keep it from dying out. I took the carb apart and everything still looked fine, now it will jsut about flood itself and then eventually SLOWLY start taking off. Wideopen is fine but unfortunately it is used in a campground where the lower speeds are going to be used. The exhaust flapper is wired open. Govener screw turned in all the way and fuel screw is not making much of a difference. I dont know if it is a crank seal issue, I had good compression. Help me so I can get this thing up and running, I am so close to being done.
trevor6409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 not running to great

Needing to choke it to keep it running sounds to me like the crank shaft seals are bad.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thats what I was thinking. I noticed the plastic fitting on top of my tank was loose so I am going to silicone that, I also noticed that if I was to put a load on this thing(2 good size people) and go up a slight hill, wide open she is just fine. But once you let her idle down or shut off it takes forever to get it going again it will just crank and crank and slowly take off almost like it flooded itself. Its weird. Maybe just replace the crank seals, silicone that part and check on it from there.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I also am thinking about hooking up the exhaust butterfly, I would like to be able to use this thing at low speeds and I would think that is where that comes into affect am I right?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
V H PL
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have one too that runs poorly and smokes alot . I was told by a dealer in Flint MI. that they weld the exsaust butterfly open all the time on G1's .His sugestion to me was to check out the carb ,it may just need a new one .They are 20 years old .
V H PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
plafleursr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Needing to choke it to keep it running sounds to me like the crank shaft seals are bad.
Can you change the seal with out taken motor a part ? Can you just pull cluch and otherside cover off.

Thanks
Pete
plafleursr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleursr View Post
Can you change the seal with out taken motor a part ? Can you just pull cluch and otherside cover off.

Thanks
Pete
Yes, the engine doesn't even need to come out of the cart. On the "other side" you will have to pull the flywheel off.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
plafleursr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for Info
plafleursr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

crank seals came in today, I will update everyone tomorrow on how it goes.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
mpt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Trev, I'm having the same problems you're have with a G1. Did you do your seals yet?
mpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha