lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default I lifted the rear of my ds, and it cost me almost nothing.

I wqas looking at my cart and thinking about a lift. Almost all the lift kits you see have some sort of block to lift the rear, and require the springs to come out. This doesn'. It doesn't require any special tools other than the snap ring pliers used to remove the axle shafts. It's all just swapping parts around. You are going to lose some oil, so have a pan ready and some extra gear oil.

First open the rear access panel and disconnect the ground strap from the starter gen to the frame.

Then get the cart up on stands under the frame, and remove the wheels and brake drums.
You don't have to remove the brake shoes, but I found it was easier to get to the snap ring if I did.

Next pull the snap ring and axleshaft loose. Do this on both sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210705_144851.jpg (263.9 KB, 0 views)
Cb750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #2
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: I lifted the rear of my ds, and it cost me almost nothing.

Next, you need to remove the backing plate, then unbolt the shock and ubolt. The backing plate and the ubolt plate stay together.

Next, clean around where the axle tube mounts to the gearbox. I used an old toothbrush to get as much dirt off as I could. You don't want any falling into the gearbox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210705_150258.jpg (234.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Next, get a jack to support the center of the axle. Then use a long extension and a 17 mm socket. I believe it was the only metric socket I needed. There are seven bolts that hold the tube to the gearbox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210705_150102.jpg (320.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After you have removed both tubes, lower the gearbox some until you can flip the axle tubes over and bolt them back toi the gearbox. LKeft stays on the left, right stays on the right. One side is about 2 inches longer than the other.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210705_151225.jpg (265.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, this is where we start swappin parts from side to side. The backing plates must be swapped from side to side, and installed upside down. This way your brake cables will be kept up high out of the way. Also, make sure to keep the left side star wheel with the left side backing plate, (Installed on the right side) and the right side star wheel with the right side backing plate. (Installed on the left side) If not, the brakes will back off as you use them.

After that you can swap your ubolt plates from side to side and upside down, and the brake cable will hook right up like normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210705_154115.jpg (243.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210705_160744.jpg (483.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #6
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After that you can reinstall the brake pads, drums, shocks, and wheels, whatever else is under the cart. Don't forget to top off the oil.

Above, I had an issue withe the shifter cable bracket, I needed to bend it towartds the muffler a little bit to clear that cross brace.

Once that is done, find a new place to attatch the ground strap we removed in the first post.

And it's done! I didn't measure, but I figure it's about a 4 inch lift. I'm also looking at the front to see to lift the front for minimal money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210705_170843.jpg (185.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car