lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
Kudzupatch
Not Yet Wild

Default Trash in the gas tank

Finally bought a cart. Lucked up and found a Bobcat/ CC1200 cart. Perfect for what we need. It needs a little attention in the fuel system.

Starting with the gas tank. I have found a fair amount of trash in the bottom of the tank. I was going to just pull the tank since it nearly empty only to realize I am going take WAY to much apart to get the tank out.

So weighing options my best idea is simple siphon out the gas, put the tubing on a stick so I can vacuum it. I can stir the gas and move the trash to one spot. Open to better ideas.
Kudzupatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
old231
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Trash in the gas tank

Do not vacuum!! Gas fumes, electric motor, brush sparks. Boom.
old231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

put on a fuel filter or two and not worry about it or pull the tank is pretty much what everyone on here has told me to do
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Kudzupatch
Not Yet Wild

There is enough trash in volume and size to clog the pick up tub.

The vent/overflow had started falling apart and the rubber(?) was disintegrating. Enough trash in the tank it has stained the pick up tube black. Large chucks down to small floating dust lsize particles Probably why it was parked and retired.

This had to be taken care of so this morning I just bit the bullet and pulled the roof and framing off so I could take the tank out. Not as bad as I thought it would be and I am sure I saved a lot of aggravation down the road. Ready to put it back together this afternoon.

Next step is pull the fuel lines and carb and see what is going on in there. It runs and drives but obviously has some fuel starvation issues.

If you are going to do it, do it right!
Kudzupatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

When he says vacuum the tank he is meaning the same thing I do,
Fill tank with fuel, I use a piece of 1/2" straight pex on a rubber hose, get a siphon going and "vacuum" the trash off the bottom.
It's just siphoning out while you move the tube around the bottom.
No shop vac involved.....
Let the bucket of fuel settle and pour the good stuff (the top) back in the tank when done.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car