lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
FL-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Extra keys?

I'd like to get a few extra keys for the golf cart ignition as well as some for the glove box on the after market carbon fiber dash. I do not know the manufacturer of the dash as this is a used cart. Where can I get keys made? The ignition key has PK594 on it. The glove box key has a black plastic overlay on the end and it says "Castle" and no numbers.

Thanks!
FL-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 12:19 PM   #2
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extra keys?

that's your key code. EasyKeys.com should be able to help you out with new ones, they've helped me out, or your local locksmith can take care of it for you fairly quickly, or for instant gratification, stop by home depot/lowes/hardware store and they'll make copies on the spot
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
FL-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Local locksmith couldn't help. They appeared to have hundreds of blanks but not these. And with only Castle on the glove box key, they didn't know where to start.

I did find the PK594 at your link. Thanks. I didn't know keys were so expensive!!
Old 09-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #4
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

oh man that sucks about the locksmith... i've had them come out by me for little locks like this having no keys at all and he sat there with his little file and what seemed like a random key blank and made one in like 15 mins. oh well. the good thing is you can easily and cheaply just replace the lock on the glove box and buy more keys with it. good luck! glad the link i shared had promise at least! :) On that same site, you can upload a photo of the glove box key and they will message you back if they can replicate it or not (i bet they can) https://www.easykeys.com/ContactUs
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
FL-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Lowe's, Home Depot & Ace couldn't do either key. HD has a machine that reads the key, and lets the employee know what blank to use. Neither were in their database.

I just sent a photo of the key to Easykeys. Hoping they can help. I didn't realize this would be such a problem. The cart is a couple hundred miles away right now so I can't look on the actual lock itself for a key code.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha