lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
babieblues1013
Not Yet Wild

Default Double take dash and accessory install

Hi just bought a modified 2017 club car precedent that has a body kit and is lifted. We also bought a doubletake sentry dash to install ourselves but want to add usb ports and a battery meter. There are hundreds of different ones and would like the USB port to have the capability to charge my phone as I like to play music from it. Any advice would be appreciated on best products for these thing? Also if anyone has a cart with this dash I would love pics to see how your set up looks.
babieblues1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2021, 10:05 PM   #2
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Re: Double take dash and accessory install

Quote:
Originally Posted by babieblues1013 View Post
Hi just bought a modified 2017 club car precedent that has a body kit and is lifted. We also bought a doubletake sentry dash to install ourselves but want to add usb ports and a battery meter. There are hundreds of different ones and would like the USB port to have the capability to charge my phone as I like to play music from it. Any advice would be appreciated on best products for these thing? Also if anyone has a cart with this dash I would love pics to see how your set up looks.
I will be installing this dash soon along with their body kit too. It looks rather straight forward, I am with you there are so many different USB 12v ports on amazon its hard to know what to buy. Post what you pick up and pictures of your install
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
Ryann8786
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by babieblues1013 View Post
Just make sure you look closely at the dimensions and that it will fit. I've bought multiple ones on amazon. That piece is quite thick, so for the square guages, I had to use a dremel, metal cutting attachment.

All cheap guages and switches off amazon.
I am currently missing a switch. so ignore the one missing.
I have dual USB, a battery guage that has a shunt to measure amps, and 3 switches. Headlights, Lightbar, and Stereo system.
Note: I do not know if I recommend that shunt guage. At least that brand anyway. I don't trust its readings. Not sure if I am getting too much interference or some background noise. It seems to be incorrect when I am at full throttle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (135.1 KB, 0 views)
Ryann8786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:11 PM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryann8786 View Post
I do not know if I recommend that shunt guage. At least that brand anyway. I don't trust its readings. Not sure if I am getting too much interference or some background noise. It seems to be incorrect when I am at full throttle.
Did you use a "twisted pair" cable for connecting to the shunt?

The twisted pair is supposed to prevent interference.

Twisted Pair.JPG
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #5
Ryann8786
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Did you use a "twisted pair" cable for connecting to the shunt?

The twisted pair is supposed to prevent interference.

Attachment 225038
I did not. Thanks for the tip
Ryann8786 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 club car precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car